Purchased MYOB 3 months into the year. How do I enter YTD invoices for IRD returns?

2 Posts
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Purchased MYOB 3 months into the year. How do I enter YTD invoices for IRD returns?

Hi, I'm a sole trader and just purchased MYOB to tidy up my invoicing and organisation around my business. I also currently file my own GST and Tax returns as my activity is low. As a software engineer, I spend most of my time in one place and don't have many expenditures or payments except a singular source.

In that vein, I am looking to import all of my previous invoices for the YTD before I purchased MYOB so I can successfully create my IRD and Provisional Tax reports. I currently have these in a CSV format, as previously invoices were raised and paid on my behalf by way of a recruiter who also covered withholding tax etc.

Is there a quick and painless way of importing these in without entering them manually? Would it be wise to raise them as invoices and somehow set them to paid?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,594Kudos

1,905Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Purchased MYOB 3 months into the year. How do I enter YTD invoices for IRD returns?

Hi @adseng 

As MYOB Essentials doesn’t have the functionality to import transactions, if you were wanting to have the YTD transactions in the file these would have to be entered in manually. Do note that if you were entering the sales / purchases manually that had been paid you would need to receive or apply a payment depending on the type of transaction

This could also cause issues around the balances of your accounts, particularly if you took the balances as they were as at the date you started entering as opposed to say the start of the financial year. If you were going to be entering in transactions from the start of the financial year you’d need to ensure that any opening balance figures were for the start of the financial year

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

2 Posts
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Purchased MYOB 3 months into the year. How do I enter YTD invoices for IRD returns?

Thanks, @Neil_M . It looks like doing it manually for this time seems like the wisest option in that case.

Cheers

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post