2 Posts
Partner
Partner

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Re: Delete an employee pay run

Hi I have another issue after deleting the recorded pay: the annual leave doesn't seem to be calculated properly. Here is what happened: 

1. A client has mis-informed me the annual leave hours as 23 hours for the 20 Apr -3rd May fortnight. I processed the pay and reduced 23 hours against the employee's AL.

2. On 25th May, the client informed me the AL for the above fortnight should be 8 hours instead,  and the remaining 15 hours were compassionate leave.

3. So I set up a pay item for compassionate leave as it's not a part of the personal leave, assignedit to the employee, deleted the previous recorded pay slip for above fortnight and tried to reprocess the pay again.

4. Here is the problem: the accrued annual leave doesn't accrue  properly, meaning it doesn't pick up the accrued 19 AL hours from the fortnight prior to 20th Apr. Note the amended payslip did show the newly re-allocated AL as 8 hours and 15 hours to compassionate leave. 

I'm using MYOB Essential and I have processed the fortnights after the 3rd May. My concern is that if the AL Hours on the amended pay for 20th Apr - 3rd May doesn't calculate properly, it'd affect other subsequent pays that were processed as well.

What am I missing here and what's the solution please?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,844 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,844Posts

593Kudos

588Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @IHA-MAGGIE 

Thanks for your post. If you enter the wrong leave in an employee's pay the correct way to fix that is to delete the pay and re-enter with the correct leave, so you've done the right thing there. When a pay is deleted the YTD amounts and accruals return to what they were prior to that pay being processed. Which would include the accruals from the previous fortnights payrun.

These help articles may help you with reconciling the leave accruals:

Set up leave 

Managing your employees leave 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Partner
2 Posts
Partner
Partner

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracy, 

Thanks for your replay. You know what, I've done everything correctly but only made a silly but crucial mistake: I forgot to click SAVE after deleting the recorded payslip. That's why the AL hours were thrown out. Now everything works perfectly. 

Kind regards

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Having wasted hours trying to delete an employee's pay so that I could submit new ones,  only to find that MYOB Essentials did not actually complete the deletion (as SAVE button not clicked), I request that MYOB amend the 'How do I delete a pay?' paragraph on the Pay/Employees/Pay History page to include advice to the user that he/she also needs to click the SAVE button at the bottom right of the page.  In my case, the employee pay records spanned two years, and the SAVE button was well and truly 'off the screen'.

I now see that the advice to click the SAVE button is fairly well covered in the support FAQs.  It should not be necessary for users to search for the correct support page if the software were written and tested properly in the first place.  I suspect that the testers were too familiar with the product and did not use real-world examples.

I would also like to see a warning on the screen (https://essentials.myob.com.au/LA/app.htm#businesses/581012/payroll/payrollReporting/submission  ) that the sum of payments should not be relied upon, and that the only accurate record of an employee's gross wages is on the employee's Pay History page.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,844 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,844Posts

593Kudos

588Solutions

I'm sorry to hear that you have had this problem with deleting pays and have passed your feedback on to the relevant team.

With regard to reconciling payroll, we do recommend that you compare the Payroll summary report and the YTD verification report in the Payroll reporting centre. Also regular reconciling of the bank acount will help to pick up any duplicate pay entries.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post