Re: Re-entering deleted Payroll Transaction without re-reporting to ATO

4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

I have accidentially deleted a payroll transaction in MYOB Essential and would like to re-enter it without re-reporting to ATO. Can anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7
MYOB Moderator
4,884 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,884Posts

709Kudos

760Solutions

Hi @kevinqdu 

Thanks for your post. You can reprocess that pay and when the declaration window opens select cancel. This stops the STP report from being sent to the ATO, however it will appear as unsent in the Payroll reporting centre. Be careful not to sent this at a later date or you will mess up your YTD amounts.

Your other option is to reprocess the pay and declare it so that the report is sent to the ATO. Wait until the report has been accepted and then process and declare a $0 pay. STP updates the YTD amounts each time you send a report so declaring the $0 pay will update the YTD amounts with the ATO.

These posts have detailed information that you may find helpful:

Process a $0 pay

Unsent or rejected reports

How does STP work?

STP and the ATO Business Portal

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your response. However there in no "cancel" that I can select on the declaration window. There are only two buttons: "Go back" and "Send". When I click on "Go back" it will bring me back to the previous screen.

I have attached my screen capture below.

stp declaration.jpg
MYOB Moderator
4,884 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,884Posts

709Kudos

760Solutions

Hi @kevinqdu 

My apologies I should have said Go back not Cancel.  When you click on Go back and return to the previous screen you just need to click on Looks good to finish the pay run as normal.  

However, as explained in my previous post you can send that report, wait until it is accepted and then process a $0 pay with Pay on day as today to update the YTD amounts.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracy,

When I click on "Go Back" and return to the previous screen, and then click on "Look Good" it bring me to the declaration screen again. There is no way to finish the pay run without sending the information to the ATO.

MYOB Moderator
4,884 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,884Posts

709Kudos

760Solutions

Hi @kevinqdu 

I apologise for the confusion. I have investigated this further and it isn't possible to skip the declaration in Essentials. However, as STP updates the YTD amounts each time you send a report, simply wait for that pay to be accepted and then process a $0 pay to update the YTD amounts.

This post has detailed information that may be useful: How does STP work?

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

My last pay run was on 18 September 2020 and it was reported to ATO through STP correctly. However I have accidentially deleted a pay run of 30 July 2020 since then. The ATO is still having the correct YTD amounts from my last pay run however the YTD amounts in MYOB now are lesser due to the accidential delection.

It looks like I will have to reprocess the deleted pay run to bring back the correct YTD amounts in MYOB otherwise the next regular pay run will have the incorrect YTD amount reported to ATO.

One thing I don't understand is why do I have the process a $0 pay to update the YTD amounts if I am going to reprocessed the deleted pay run and reported to ATO through STP?

MYOB Moderator
4,884 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,884Posts

709Kudos

760Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @kevinqdu 

You're correct that you will need to reprocess that deleted payrun. The YTD amounts will be what was current as at the pay on date, so processing a $0 pay with the pay on as today will send the current YTD amounts to the ATO.

I would recommend reprocessing that deleted pay, wait until the report is accepted and then process the $0 pay with pay on date as today. When the $0 pay report has been accepted check the YTD verification report against the Payroll summary report and make sure the YTD amounts match.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post