Receipting multiple part payments against multiple invoices (different debtors) from one ATM deposit

Highlighted
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Receipting multiple part payments against multiple invoices (different debtors) from one ATM deposit

We receive multiple cash payments, which we deposit once per fortnight as a single transaction into our deposit account.  If some of the payments are partial payments, how can I receipt all the deposit across multiple debtor invoices when they are not paying the invoice in full.  Someone mentioned a clearing account.  I have therefore started a cash clearing account and did a funds transfer from our deposit account into the cash clearing account.  How do I now transfer individual amounts to the invoices so they will be automatically receipted for the amount entered into each individual invoice.   

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,250 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,250Posts

1,569Kudos

1,863Solutions

Re: Receipting multiple part payments against multiple invoices (different debtors) from one ATM deposit

Hi @KNC 

Generally speaking if you were using a clearing account to consolidate multiple amounts into a single amount, then all of the individual amounts would need to be receipted into the clearing account first before a journal entry is used to transfer the total into in the bank account.

You may need to delete the original deposit and its transfer, which would allow you to record the payments for the different invoices. These payments would need to be paid into the clearing account so that a single amount can be journaled into the relevant bank account.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post