Australia
JAM168
Experienced Partner

41Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Report for journal entries

I have seen a Journal report where it "Displays a list of transactions as journal entries". Is there a report that can just drill down to general journal entries only?  There isn't (or none that I have encountered) any scope to just print a report of journal entries for future reference.

Any such report in the works?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,779 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10779Posts

1209Kudos

1525Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Report for journal entries

Hi @JAM168

Currently MYOB Essentials doesn’t have a report that specifically displays just the general journal entries, the closest report would be the Journal report. That said this report doesn’t currently have the capability to filter just entries created through the General Journal.

If you would like to see this feature in the future I recommend commenting on and voting for this idea on our MYOB Essentials Idea exchange: MYOB Essentials General Journal Report - Essentials. By voting for and commenting on the idea it allows our team to see how popular certain ideas are so that they can be considered for future potential development

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DubbyaJ
1 Post
Cover User
DubbyaJ
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Report for journal entries

I am in my third day of a trial with MYOB Essentials.

Setting up Accounts list was a breeze (so I thought).

Until I got to entering transactions by Journal.

Then the inclusive or exclusive GST threw me. All of my expense or balance sheet items were GST exclusive or Exempt because I had separated GST in the individual expense or other cash book analysis.

For a small business in start-up phase, I thought it would be easier to process transactions by General Journal.

I loaded a cash book analysis for YTD as a quick start up and found that Journals were disappearing once balanced and closed.

Do I say, nah too hard to use this and move to a trial on another system?

Top marks to the former contributor for suggesting that Journals should be able to be saved, printed and available to refer back to in a report of either 1 Journal or the total journals for the period.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post