3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Report sent to excel missing

Hi all,

Need help here.

Our payroll officer has been sending MYOB financial reports to a excel and it immediately displays on excel. From there the report gets saved to a designated folder.

Until recently the reports sent to excel stopped showing up in excel.

There is no error instead the whole MYOB freezes.

can anyone tell me whether the report is in excel somewhere? And why is the MYOB freezing?

How can I solve this issue?

thank you,

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,808 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,808Posts

1,522Kudos

1,806Solutions

Re: Report sent to excel missing

HI @mkaustena 

Within MYOB Essentials, if you are choosing to export the report to Excel its downloaded first. Once downloaded depending on your settings this may open automatically it may not. In either case I’d expect that a copy of the downloaded file is accessible in your downloads folder on your computer.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Nei,

Thank you for the response.

I have checkd the download folder and there is nothing. As is the case the export to excel does nothing, immediately after MYOB freezes.

It was working perfectly in the past and it stopped working begining of this month.

I also ran a repair on office but it hasn't fix the issue.

I'm thinking of restoring the system to where it was before the problem started.

Is there any other option I can try?

Thanks again

Martin

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,808 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,808Posts

1,522Kudos

1,806Solutions

Hi @mkaustena 

As mentioned in my previous response the reports appearing in the downloads folder is for the MYOB Essentials product, as you have posted on the MYOB Essentials board this is the product I have framed the answer around. If you were using a different product then the process would be different.

If you were using a desktop based product, like AccountRight, it could be a permissions imbalance between the two programs and you may need the assistance on your IT professional in confirming and address this.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

Thank you for reaching out again. Yes we are using a desktop product AccountRight and it possibly is a permission imbalance between the two programs.

The user was able to export reports to excel without the PC connecting to the Domain Server. Now when the PC reconnected back to server, exporting reports to excel is not happening - same problem again.

Now I am trying to figure out where that permission can be granted to the user so the system can work normally. Has anyone faced this issue before? Is there any quick fix like running a tool?

Regards,

Martin

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,808 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,808Posts

1,522Kudos

1,806Solutions

Hi @mkaustena 

Given the complexity of terminal servers, this is not something I’m able to assist with. I’d recommend having a chat with your network administrator for further assistance around ensuring that this user has the correct permissions.

On non-terminal server setups, AccountRight needs the same or higher levels of Windows permissions than Excel to be able to export reports. Whilst the same principle would hold true on terminal servers, as the permission situation is much more complex I recommend seeking advice from your Network Administrator or IT professional for more guidance on setting the permissions appropriately.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post