Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Rerun final pay for NZ employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced User RayNZ
20 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
RayNZ
Experienced User

20Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Rerun final pay for NZ employee

I have finished a pay run and now need to go back and change the final pay for an employee. There is an extra deduction that needs to be made to their final pay in order to reconcile the payroll with the amount paid and now showing in the unreconciled bank transactions.

I can delete their pay by deleting the payslip in the employee's pay history but the employee is showing as inactive, so I can't rerun their pay. If I try to make them active, I get an error that their final pay has been paid and I need to set them up as a new employee.

What am I doing wrong and how can this be achieved?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,063 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31063Posts

3924Kudos

4522Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Rerun final pay for NZ employee

Hi @RayNZ

To delete a final pay for an employee you would go to Payroll>>Employees>> Select the employee (you would have to select Show Inactive)>>Select the Pay History tab and then click on the Del cross next to the relevant pay.  Don't forget to select Save (bottom of the window) to save the change that you have deleted that pay.

Once that pay has been deleted the employee should be active again in the Payroll>>Employees list. If you not go back into the employee (Select Show Inactive) and on the Employee details: Personal section tick Active Employee. Don't forget to select Save to save that change.

When that employee is appearing in the Payroll>>Employee list they will be appearing in the Payroll>>Enter Pays list ready for that final pay to be reprocessed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User RayNZ
20 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
RayNZ
Experienced User

20Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Rerun final pay for NZ employee

Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply which was very helpful. I had to try your suggestions a couple of ways and then I was able to rerun the final pay for the employee.

Cheers, Ray

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post