Australia
Nellie944
Partner

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP Reporting - ATO error code: SBR.GEN.AUTH.005

This is the error my client has received.

Error: SBR.GEN.AUTH.005, Inform your software provider that the ebSmiley TongueartyInfo/From/PartyID details does not match the entity details for this submission. 

Not sure why this happened as there were two pay runs done for the same period on the same day, one went through and the other didn’t.  When all previous pay runs have gone through and the pay after has gone through.  Nothing has changed since setup and pays were going through fine until this one didn’t.

All my partner manager did was to give me the STP tech support number but didn't tell me only to call during the week.   I wasted over 30 minutes on the weekend waiting on the line, only to be told to call back Monday.  Still don't know what hours I can call either as I would really like to plan the call just in case I have to wait another 30 minutes to be answered.

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Maxine_BC
841 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Maxine_BC
MYOB Moderator

849Posts

157Kudos

128Solutions

Re: STP Reporting - ATO error code: SBR.GEN.AUTH.005

Hey @Nellie944,

Thanks for posting on the community forum. I hope you are enjoying this resource.

I am sorry to hear that your partner manager wasn't of more help to you. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I am linking you to a help article that explains what this error code usually means (that you have not notified the ATO)- Single Touch Payroll error SBR.GEN.AUTH.006.

If you are confident that you have notified the ATO, there are steps here that will walk you through how to check your ATO settings.

Give this a read and let me know how you are travelling with it.

**If this response has been useful, I kindly ask that you click the "Accept As Solution" button to help other users find this information.**

Cheers,
Maxine

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner Nellie944
2 Posts
Partner
Australia
Nellie944
Partner

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the reply but my error is 005 not 006.  My client and I have both connected to the ATO.

Previous payrolls have gone through without any trouble as well as a payroll after we received this error.

So we only have one payroll which has been rejected.

I just want to know what the error means and how do we resend this payroll (if we indeed need to) or do we just ignore it.  Will the payroll that was process after and accepted update the all the YTD figure?

MYOB Moderator Maxine_BC
841 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Maxine_BC
MYOB Moderator

849Posts

157Kudos

128Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hey @Nellie944,

Apologies for mixing up the last number in the error. I have done some digging and it looks like this error can appear when some of the details do not match (Misalignment of identifying information).

This is usually an issue with a TFN or ABN however it seems that it has happened a little sporadically to other users aswell. This is the advice I have found for this situation:

• Click on STP settings and re do your setup to the ATO
  • Make sure to type in your ABN, do not copy and paste
  • This will create the same software ID so there is no need to contact the ATO again

If you have since had reports accepted, then you will be able to just ignore this rejected report as the ATO should now have the up to date YTD figures.

I hope this clears things up. Let me know if you have any more questions about this.

Cheers,
Maxine

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post