Setting up Bank Feeds in Essentials: CBA netbank does not follow steps in MYOB

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Partner
54 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

54Posts

29Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Setting up Bank Feeds in Essentials: CBA netbank does not follow steps in MYOB

Hi, the steps outlined in the link below do not happen in CBA netbank, after the Myob steps have been done, and a Myob Bank Feed reference number.

It doesnt ask for the reference number anywhere, and

It just does happen as steps 9. and 10. suggest in:

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ea/Setting+up+a+bank+feed+for+a+Commonwealth+Bank+account?searchfa...

I am trying to set up the Bank Feeds in Myob after we purchased the file for the client.

Cheers

Darren

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,498 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,498Posts

4,949Kudos

5,340Solutions

Re: Setting up Bank Feeds in Essentials: CBA netbank does not follow steps in MYOB

Hi @DTull 

Most major banks will now allow MYOB to generate an MYOB reference number which can then be utilised on the user's Internet Banking to log to set up those feeds. Commonwealth Bank (CBA) is one of those Banks that support this process.

Generally speaking, you would start the process in your MYOB software before being asked to log into your Internet Banking. If you are already logged into your Internet Banking or have residual log information within our browser you may be automatically logged into your Internet Banking and thus not be provided to log in. It should also be mentioned, if you are not seeing the relevant bank account within NetBank then we do recommend speaking to the Bank to ensure that the account can receive feeds.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
54 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

54Posts

29Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Setting up Bank Feeds in Essentials: CBA netbank does not follow steps in MYOB

Thanks Steven, went to client premises and it all worked well from there. One question though, is there a way for the client to get a Myob Icon on their desktop so they can click on it to log in, rather than going to the invite email every time?

Setting up a bookmark for it doesnt work, it loops back to the sign in page, details entered are correct, yet clicking Sign IN just brings the same sign in page back up!  

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,498 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,498Posts

4,949Kudos

5,340Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @DTull 

As MYOB Essentials is an online-based product it doesn't allow for a desktop icon per say to be set up. 

If you are having to log into MYOB Essentials multiple times it is likely caused by the first login page is an old page thus upon logging in it is taking you to the correct login page. In most cases, this situation can be remedied by going to the MYOB webpage and select Sign In (top right) and select MYOB Essentials. This will take you to the logging page.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post