7 Posts
Contributing User
Planright
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Single Touch Payroll rejected

I have been using STP for a while now with no issues with reporting to the ATO. Today, when I did our final payrun for the year the report was rejected due to:

"The State entered in your business address is either blank or in the wrong format."

For some unknown reason all of our business details and GST settings have been erased. I have re-entered them but my issue is now how to re-send the report to the ATO. I know that usually when you do your next payrun it will update the YTD figures and report to the ATO however considering our next payrun will be in July will it still update the YTD figures for the previous financial year?

I just rang the MYOB help desk and they were extremely unhelpful. This is very frustrating considering our details were removed which has caused this error, and I was wanting to send the final report to the ATO today and finalise the payment summaries. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Ultimate Cover User bungy15
1,025 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User

1025Posts

826Kudos

185Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll rejected

Hi @Planright 

Your July payrun falls into 19/20 FY which will not include YTD amounts for the 18/19 FY.  You can create an update event by doing $0 pays for those employees in the rejected report. 

If you are finalising the FY through STP you don’t need to provide payment summaries or lodge an empdupe  for those employees reported through STP.

Cheers

Tracey

Highlighted
Contributing User Planright
7 Posts
Contributing User
Planright
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @bungy15 ,

Thankyou for your help. I have done the $0 pay run however the figures are still incorrect when I go to the EOFY Finalisation in the payroll reporting. The YTD figures that are showing do not include the rejected payrun even though I submitted the $0 payrun for all of those employees and it is showing as accepted by the ATO.

Any ideas as to why this may be?

Thanks

1,025 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User

1025Posts

826Kudos

185Solutions

Hi @Planright 

What was the payment date for the $0 payrun? It would need to be in June to report in the 18/19 FY.

Do your Payroll Activity report and Payroll Register report for the 18/19 FY include the amounts in the rejected payrun?

Let me know how you go

Tracey

Contributing User Planright
7 Posts
Contributing User
Planright
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @bungy15 

The date of the $0 payrun was 28/6/19. I have found where the issue was.. It was because one of the pay items was not taxable. I went back and changed it to taxable and then did another $0 payrun and it fixed the figures in the EOFY finalisation.

Thanks so much for your help.

1,025 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User

1025Posts

826Kudos

185Solutions

You’re welcome @Planright , glad you got it sorted