Spend Money add a Duplicate button

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Waratah
5 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Spend Money add a Duplicate button

Any chance a DUPLICATE button could be added to the spend money form in the same manner as there is for  invoices.        I need to create quartely BAS payments for our business and do Super payments for employees. Currenly there is not way to use an existing Spend money transaction as a template.   These payments are convoluted and not easy to rememeber the correct layout, account allocation and which items are positive or negative amounts.  Being able to work from an exsiting spend money item as a template to duplicate would save potential errors and speed entry. 

Duplicate button.jpg

Adding a Duplicate button like this to create a new spend money item based on the one on view would make things much simpler.   Anyone else like the idea of this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Ultimate Partner IanChait
1,017 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,017Posts

731Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Spend Money add a Duplicate button

Hi @Waratah 

Superannuation should be easy as you should only be paying one Clearing House. You alloacate the bank payment to the Supeannuation Payable Account in the Balance Sheet. (Assuming you are using the Payroll module)

As for the BAS entry, why not take a screen shot of your entry, save it on the computer and then refer to it each time you record a BAS payment.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Waratah
5 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Ian, Yes I do all of that including taking the screen shot for the BAS.  I then have to find and refer to said screen shot and manually recreate the entire entry including my notes as what field represents what on the ATO BAS form.  Would be a heck of a lot easier to simply refer back to previous spend money BAS event and to copy it with a Duplicate button, in the same manner as one does with an invoice.  I would of thought this would be trivial to implement and would be a worth while feature that should reduce errors.   

Also what is easy for someone who is in the program daily as part of their occupation and knows it inside out can be tedious for others who use it infrequently.   I am probably a typical small business user who is lucky to open MYOB once a week. So I am forever relearning stuff and trying to remember how I did something last time.  The duplicate/copy methodology is great for users like me.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,267 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,267Posts

4,284Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Waratah 

I see you have supported your support for Spend Money: Save & Copy option on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange. I would encourage others in the MYOB Community to see that as a feature of the program to do the same.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post