2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Split Allocations on Bank Transaction - Invoices and Liability account

I have a payment being received from Stripe that I need to allocate to paying two outstanding invoices plus the balance is to go to a liability account.  

Whenever I try to use the MATCH TRANSACTION tab I can't seem to save - I assume this may be because the invoices don't total to the transaction amount. I want to allocate the balance to a liability account on the ALLOCATE tab but can't seem to do this. Is this not possible?? Am I going to have to split the bank transaction into two transactions to process this?

myob-query.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,501Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Split Allocations on Bank Transaction - Invoices and Liability account

Hi @dunko 

When going to the Match option within MYOB Essentials you do need to full allocate the amount of the bank transaction to associated MYOB Essentials transactions. If you have a residual amount of balance the Save button will not be applicable until you match that value to a transaction.

In your case, you want to go to Banking>>Receive Money and record the necessary transaction for that residual amount. By doing this you generate another transaction in the Match transactions of that bank transaction that you can match it to along with the invoices to fully allocate the transaction and thus save the transaction.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post