Partner Zone

Starting payroll mid way through the financial year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Consulting4accs
MYOB Staff
19 Posts
MYOB Staff

19Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Starting payroll mid way through the financial year

My confusion is around essentials and zero payruns. If I started my Essentials file from Oct 1st 2019 and had an employee finish employment on end of August. My understanding from the help menus is that I enter the pays for July August, then do a zero pay run for that employee this will push through the amounts to the ATO.  But this isnt neccessary if the final pay included an ETP. If it included an ETP then this would be done manually. 

2 confusing variables: when is a zero payrun neccessary ? I can see the ETP payitem available, why cant I use that ? do i still need to finalise the employee in reporting after the zero payrun? 

2 links :  1 says ETP cant be processed another says it can 

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ea/Finalising+payroll+for+employees+terminated+before+using+STP#e...

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ea/Terminate+an+employee+in+Single+Touch+Payroll+reporting#expand...

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Starting payroll mid way through the financial year

Hi @Consulting4accs 

This help article, Processing an ETP, will guide you through processing the ETP payment and terminating the employee.

A $0 pay is done to create an update event. This simply notifies the ATO of any changes/corrections you have made to an employee's YTD amounts. For example, if you processed and reported a payrun twice. When you delete one of those payruns you only update Essentials, so you would then do a $0 pay to correct the YTD amounts with the ATO. Or if you had assigned the incorrect ATO reporting categories to a Pay Item, you would correct the Pay Item in Essentials and then process a $0 pay to move the amounts from the incorrect ATO reporting category to the new one, thus updating the YTD amounts with the ATO.

I hope that clarifies it for you. Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post