Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation Expense

Hi,

I have just migrated from AccountRight to MYOB essentials. Previously the super expense for each pay was being allocated the Superannuation expense account. Since migrating it now goes to the Other Employee Expenses account. Can someone please tell me how to change it back to Superannuation expense? I have clicked through every payroll screen and cannot find the option to change the expense account.

Thanks

Kathryn

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,681 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,681Posts

4,982Kudos

5,368Solutions

Re: Superannuation Expense

Hi @KathrynMackenzi 

We do have two MYOB Essentials versions currently on the market and from the look of your account, you seem to have been registered for both so I'm a little unsure which one exactly you are using. However, I've provided a response for each MYOB Essentials business below. To determine which one you are on do take a look at the screenshots listed on Get the right help for your software.

If your MYOB Essentials Dashboard looks like the first one:

Within this version of MYOB Essentials, the linked expense account for superannuation is not able to be changed. The values will be recorded against the Superannuation expense account. If that account is not required and you would like a different account, you would be looking at recording a journal entry after recording the payroll transactions to move the value to another account.

If your MYOB Essentials Dashboard looks like the second one:

To adjust the Linked Expense Account for a Superannuation category you would go into Payroll>>Pay Items. Once within that window, select the Superannuation tab and then the superannuation category before selecting to update the Linked Expense Account.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Superannuation Expense

Thank you for your response Steven. 

I called MYOB yesterday regarding the two registerations and they cancelled the trial one. 

I have the first version in your link so it seems I cannot change the super expense account. I had it set to superannuation expense in AccountRight and during migration MYOB have changed it to ‘other employee expenses’. I asked on the phone yesterday for this to be changed back and was going to be put through to a technician but got cut off so I will have to call them again. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post