MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Superannuation and termination payment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
KR_123
2 Posts
Cover User
KR_123
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation and termination payment

Hi,

I have 1 employee who is now finishing employment. I am in the process of creating their termination payment which only is to pay out owed annual leave (and leave loading). I apparently do not need to pay super guarantee for this lump sum pay out, but when I create the pay/payslip super gets automatically calculated. How can I remove the super contribution from this pay?

The help page Managing your employees' leave (section on 'Make a termination payment - AU) states 'You'll also need to make sure any superannuation amounts are removed as super is not accrued on unused leave' but does not give any instruction on how to do this...

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,543 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1543Posts

1367Kudos

161Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Superannuation and termination payment

Hi KR_123

1. Set up a wage category called unused annual leave
  2. Then go into your Superannuation Category and exempt from Superannuation calculations. 
  3. I always process the final normal pay first.  This will calculate the final leave accrual for the last pay period.
  4. I then tick on the unused annual leave category in the employee card file
  5. I check entitlement balances in the card file and I write down the leave balances accrued to date
  6. I then create the final termination pay and put the hours in the unused leave category and superannuation is not calculated.    Of course I check the PAYG against tax scales etc. 
  7. Once payroll is processed at bank an the employee has received final payslips I wait a week or so (in case there is any queries), then I go into the employee card file and put in the termination date and this clears out all balances and the final step inactivate employee.

Of course can probably do all this manually and override but I have found this method works best, is clear for employee and I rarely have any queries from employees when I treat the termination this way.

Hope this helps

Regards

Renae

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Ultimate Partner DuncanS
1,684 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
DuncanS
Ultimate Partner

1684Posts

1360Kudos

147Solutions