Superportal - Super conts uploaded and paid prior to rerunning payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User -Jill-
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superportal - Super conts uploaded and paid prior to rerunning payroll

Hi there,

Today I uploaded the October contributions into Superportal and submitted them. I then went back into MYOB to reconcile the accounts for October and realised that due to the fact that the most recent payroll was processed on 29/10 but then the bank payments weren't authorised until 1 Nov, I couldnt reconcile those payroll payments as they had crossed into the next month.  So I proceeded to delete that payrun and rerun it for the paydate of 1 Nov and was able to reconcile October.

I now have the issue that there are super contributions that have been generated from the 'new' payrun appearing in the November summary even though I have actually submitted those contributions under October- they appear as un-downloaded so I'm concerned that they will just now sit there looking like they are yet to be paid. Not sure what to do? 

Thank you

Jill

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,382Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Superportal - Super conts uploaded and paid prior to rerunning payroll

Hi @-Jill-

If you have processed superannuation already for a series of MYOB Essentials transactions i.e. they have been processed externally to the MYOB Super Portal or another reason, and you wish to mark them as downloaded do complete the following steps:

1. Navigate to Payroll>>Pay Superannuation
  2. Tick the relevant transactions
  3. Select Pay super
  4. On the pop-up window select to Download super file
  5. Select Close

The above process will mark those transactions as downloaded and also generate a superannuation contributions file, don't upload this file to the MYOB Super Portal.

The reason why this works is that from an MYOB Essentials point of view is that it only cares if you have selected the transactions and downloaded that file, it doesn't look to see if that file has been uploaded to a super portal.

Note: You would need to ensure that the amounts are the same as what has been actually processed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User -Jill-
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Superportal - Super conts uploaded and paid prior to rerunning payroll

Thank you, that was much simpler than I thought!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post