6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Supplier Payments not showing in Profit and Loss report

Hi all,

I am finding that when i generate my P & L report that entries for some suppliers are not showing up. I've gone back and checked that i've created the bill and saved as per ususal. Then assign the bill to the correct bankfeed entry so that it is paid, but when i generate the report for the quarter and split it to monthly, it shows as not payments have been made for the month. This appears to have started from the start of August.

Some side notes, i find that when i click on the total for the quarter, it will show the entries for August. If i change from Accrual to Cash, the entries will appear in August. I've compared Bills created in July to August to ensure theya re being input the same.

Has anyone come across this before?

9 REPLIES 9
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,031Kudos

889Solutions

Re: Supplier Payments not showing in Profit and Loss report

Hi @Tashred 

From memory the P&L report tends to change the balance/display by either the Payment Date or Bill's Issue Date depending on if you are running it in Cash or Accrual mode.

IE: If you are running in Accrual, the Expense value should display on the date of the Bill's Issue, whereas in Cash it will only show on or after the payment date.

What I'd do as a sanity check would be to run the P&L report and check the options to see if I'm running them in Cash or Accrual and then check the dates. After this, open a Bill that is being elusive and check the Bill's date of issue and the date of the payment(s).

This should give you an idea of when it should show against the balance for the relevant Expense account in the P&L and display if you click the balance.

Hope I've understood the post correctly, if you're still having troubles please let us know the relevant dates of things so that it might be easier to give more precise information.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Contributing Cover User Tashred
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Haydes,

Thanks for that. Problem is that i've not changed between Accrual / Cash modes, i've always have kept it in Accruals mode. In Accruals mode, no figure appears for August, but change to Cash Mode i get the figure appearing. If i click on the total for the supplier for that quarter, it will show the missing entries

I've attached a file showing screenshots from the P&L showing the supplier and the July, August, September breakdown with August being blank, screenshot of an entry that appears when i clcik on the total for the quarter, plus screenshoot of the bill date of issue, due date, and when i applied the credit from the bankfeed.

I would expect that irrespective of the mode that i am using, i should still be able to see the figure appearing as i am now past the dates that both modes relate to.

Thanks for all your input on this.

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

File Attached

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,031Kudos

889Solutions

Hi @Tashred 

Thanks for the screenshots, they definitely helped. At first I was a little confused with the terminology you used where "you clicked the total for the supplier" until I saw the screenshot where the 5-xxxx account is named after a Supplier.

So going by this, there should be a value present in August but it only displays when the total is displayed. This to me suggests that it is fetching the right information, just having a problem displaying it.

As a troubleshooting step, if you click the "Back to the old Profit & loss report" link in the top-right and try and run the report with the Monthly breakdown (and click refresh to display), does this show correctly?

My usual troubleshooting steps to rule out browser problems are:

• Clearing the browser's cache, and if that fails;
  • Try in a different browser (Move from Chrome to Firefox, or Firefox to Chrome).

This should rule out the browser displaying incorrectly (which has been known to happen) so that when you re-run the report it displays correctly. Cache clearing instructions for your browser might be found here: www.refreshyourcache.com (a 3rd party website).

Let me know how this goes!

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Haydes,

I have done the clear cache, but i was getting this at work and at home on different computers.

But switching back to the old style  P&L and switching between the 2 modes does have the amount appearing for August for both modes. So i agree with you, it's picking up the data but not displaying it. A bit strange that this only started from the start of August.

Just chancged from Chrome to IE and still same result.

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,031Kudos

889Solutions

Hi @Tashred 

Sorry for the late reply, only had a bit of free time now.

Ok, so that sounds like it's specific to your data. To be certain of it, I'd like to see if I can run a few tests on it on my end. So I can do this, can you send me a Private Message on the Forum with:

• The MYOB Serial Number (Found under the Business Name in the top right)
  • The Business Name showing in the top right
  • Your login Email Address

This way I can locate the database and see if I can find out if something funky is going on that is an easy fix.

You can send Private Messages on the forum by clicking onto my name and clicking Send Message on the next page.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,031Kudos

889Solutions

Hi @Tashred 

Thanks for the PM, I managed to find the cause of the problem. In a short answer: It's caused by duplicate Account#'s.

I noticed that the accounts: Cafe2U - Frucor & Cafe2U - The Bread Spread, both used the same Account# (5 -1008)

I've manually changed the account: Cafe2U - The Bread Spread to now use the Account#: 5 - 1009 and the P&L reports now return correctly for me when I run them on the backend and frontend.

Could you try logging in and seeing if you re-run the P&L report, does this display correctly for you too?

Note: The new P&L keeps data in your browser cache, if it does display incorrectly for you try either mucking about with the filters to re-run the report and then bring it back, or clear your browser cache as a sanity check.

If everything is well, just make sure you're happy with the Account numbering for those accounts as I did take the initiative and would prefer it if you (or whomever would be appropriate) to make the decision.

Looking forward to seeing what your results are!

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,031Kudos

889Solutions

Hi @Tashred 

From further testing I've found that there are a few safety measures in place to make sure Users are unable to enter Duplicate Account #'s. This cannot be done on the User's side or Imported from a file.

To help narrow down how this might have happened, would you be able to let me know how this file was set up? IE: Did you move to MYOB Essentials from another software and MYOB helped migrate your data for you?

Ideally I'd like to be able to prevent the issue from re-appearing.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Highlighted
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Haydes,

Firstly great work mate, greatly appreciated!!!

The funny thing is that no migration or change as i had set up those accounts since the start of Feb this year and have been using them with no issue. It's only changed after july, so not sure what may have changed because i don't think i've had to create any new accounts for use for a couple of months now.

And yes, normally in the past when i've created an account and have used a reference already in place, i'd get an error message about it.

Very Strange indeed.

But once again, thanks for your great work!!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post