Supplier is also customer. How do I allocate payments to supplier and credit note from supplier?

Highlighted
Joey09
2 Posts
User
Australia

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Supplier is also customer. How do I allocate payments to supplier and credit note from supplier?

Our supplier is also a customer. At the end of the month we always owe them. They credit our account for invoices we have charged them. How do I set this up to show bills received from them, credits received from them and invoices we send supplier and payment we make each month for the balance owing?

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Supplier is also customer. How do I allocate payments to supplier and credit note from supplier?

Hi @Joey09 

Generally, when you have a supplier that is also a customer you would have a contra deal set up situation happening to reflect those transactions. I've included the recommended set up and process for that:

Setup: Create a holding/contra bank account

1. Business Name Menu (top right)>>Accounts>>Accounts Lists
  2. Select Add new
  3. Give the account a number, name, set the account type to be Banking and set a Tax rate (generally NTR) before selecting Save

Processing: Dealing with the sales/purchases

1. Go to Sales>>Take payments
  2. Select the desired customer and set the Into account to be that newly created account
  3. Process the transaction as per normal
  4. Go to Purchases>>Pay bills
  5. Select the supplier and set the From account to be that newly created account
  6. Process the transaction for the desired amount as per normal
  7. If there are amounts still owing to the supplier i.e. what you sold them hasn't covered what you brought from them, you would just process a Pay bills transaction as per normal with the desired bank account as the From account.

What the above process will do is place the payment amount of those sales into a holding account and then use that value to make payment on the purchases.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post