User
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Supplier overpayment and bank feed matching

Hi

We have an invoice for a supplier which we have processed and paid for.

The same invoice was then paid again a month later.

I have created a supplier return which shows there is a credit in the supplier account - so I'd think that is correct.

The issue I have is the duplicate payment is in the bank feed showing as yet to be allocated.  What should I do with this payment?  It needs to be matched to that overpayment?  I have tried to look through the forum but the bank feed steps seemed to be missing.

Please help.

I'm using MYOB Essentials.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,498 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,498Posts

4,949Kudos

5,340Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Supplier overpayment and bank feed matching

Hi @NJ88 

The process for that double payment on the supplier overpayment I would use is included below for you. Note: This will actually generate the supplier return and the necessary banking transaction for your records.

1. Go to Purchases>>Pay bills and make payment on the bill for the first payment if you haven't already done so
  2. Once payment has been made, go into that bill - Bills>>Navigate to that required bill and select the Bill no.
  3. Add a line or increase the amount of a pre-existing line by $1 before saving the bill again
  4. Make payment on the bill again, ensuring that the Total amount paid entered is the full amount you paid i.e. if payment was for $100 you entered 100 in that field. Do ensure that you enter the same value in the Payment amount against the required bill as well. Select Save.
  5. Go back into the bill and remove that $1 amount added before selecting Save.

What the above process will do is add the bill back into the Pay bills window again so payment can be made on it again thus generating the banking transaction and the necessary supplier return.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

1Kudos