5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Transaction created from In Tray not recognised in bank feed

Hi,

I've uploaded documents using MYOB Capture app and created 'spend money' transactions.

However when I go back to my bank feed and find those transactions, MYOB isn't automatically recognising the spend money that I just created (i.e. it still says 'allocate me'). 

How can I link the spend money transaction? 

Where can I find the spend money transactions once I create them from the In Tray?

Thanks,

Matt

1 REPLY 1
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
1,112 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,112Posts

78Kudos

138Solutions

Re: Transaction created from In Tray not recognised in bank feed

Hi @MattHarv 

Thanks for your post. 

This article described how you would usually do this: Attaching documents to Spend money transactions.

Sometimes bank feeds cannot be allocated. Allocating a bank feed creates a Receive Money, Spend Money in Essentials. This process can fail if the program thinks the next sequential reference number has already been used for another transaction.allocate spend

To solve this: 

1. Manually create a receive money or spend money transaction, for the date and amount against the account you wanted the allocation.
  2. Change the reference number of the transaction to be the next higher in the sequence. eg, if the Receive Money transaction number says RM000001, change this to RM000002.
  3. Now match the bank feed to this manually created transaction. (This should have now reset the corrupt reference number sequence.)
  4. Continue to allocate the rest of your bank transactions as normal.

You can find the Spend Money transactions in Banking>>Transaction history. 

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post