5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Transfer from one bank to another

I have just imported a number of statements from multiple bank accounts but i didn't get any matches with regards to tranfers between accounts.

When allocating the transactions i just selected the other account from the list rather than using the transfer option (only because i didn't realise there was a transfer option)

What will this approach mean for account balances and reporting?

Is it necessary to fix these so they are transfers?

If so, is there a way to bulk c change them to a transfer i.e a rule or similar?

Thanks

Dean

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Transfer from one bank to another

Hi @deanhowell 

When you get a bank transaction in you do have the option to allocate a transaction or generate a transfer money (or match to a transaction). From an account perspective, the allocate and the transfer money functionality is the same process. It basically enters the other side of the transaction i.e if you have a withdrawal in the account it would generate the deposit side. The only difference is the transaction that is created. When the allocation functionality is used a Spend/Receive Money transaction is used whereas with the transfer option a Transfer Money transaction is used.

If you have selected to allocate the transaction instead of doing a transfer that is perfectly acceptable from a reporting and accounts point of view. As such, I wouldn't want to be looking at updating those transactions.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post