Two Factor Authentication 'Trust this device for 30 days'

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Two Factor Authentication 'Trust this device for 30 days'

Yes please keep us updated and hopefully this is being treated as a matter of urgency, I use Essentials and it's become a pain.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

OMG AMEN someone else is having the same issues, its driving me NUTS!!!!!!  Seriously, why fix what wasnt broken, it should have been left well enough alone.

Highlighted
Partner
51 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

51Posts

25Kudos

2Solutions

Thanks for this - it's still erratic. Sometimes it goes for a while before wanting to verify, other times it'll be two days in a row. Gremlins!

Highlighted
Community Manager
5,956 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,956Posts

2,199Kudos

477Solutions

Hi all,

We’re very pleased to update that the issue resulting in the ‘Trust this device for 30 days’ option not working, has now been resolved.

There will still be some circumstances where you will be asked to enter the authentication code, despite having selected ‘Trust this device for 30 days’. The following article Trust this device for 30 days explains the specific situations that will negate the “Trust this device” setting.  

We also recommend referring to our Help article on Two-factor authentication for more information on the topic. 

Thank you one and all for your help and patience while our team worked on resolving this matter. Please do post again should you have any further queries.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Trusted Partner
79 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

79Posts

73Kudos

3Solutions

Hi @Suja_P

Thank you for the information you provided regarding the 2FA trust device, however it seems that even after following all the instructions regarding browsers, cookies, antivirus, etc, I still can't get it to work properly.

The closest I got was on my laptop but that only lasted 1 week (not 30 days).

I am not sure that you can announce the issue has been fixed until every one with the problem agrees.

Also, as there are numerous threads on this issue, any chance of grouping them all together?

@CarrBarnett-BB@brasstacks@Shelleycsi@MrsC1965

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

This issue is resolved for me now - I can see that the 2FA cookie now has en expiry of 30 days, not 12 hours like it was doing before. Others may need to clear their cookies one last time, then log in with 2FA, to get it to stick.

If you use Chrome, you can easily check the expiry of the cookie as follows:

• In chrome, go to the menu (3 dots top right), and click Settings
  • Scroll to the bottom and click on Advanced
  • Under Privacy and Security click Content Settings, then Cookies
  • Click on See all cookies and site data
  • At the top, where it says Search cookies, type:   myob    (in lowercase)
    • Tip - if you only want to clear the MYOB cookies, just click Remove all shown. This will clear just the MYOB cookies without you having to clear them all, which will log you out of every other site too.
  • Now click on login.myob.com, and click on the down arrow next to .Myob.TwoFactorRememberBrowser
  • In there, right at the bottom, it shows the expiry time and date. If you have the new (fixed) cookie, it should show an expiry around 30 days after the 'Created' time and date. If it's only 12 hours later, log out of MYOB, clear all the MYOB cookies as per the 'tip' above, log in using 2FA again (tick the remember for 30 days box) and check the cookie expiry date again. Hopefully the new cookie will get set correctly now and tomorrow you can just log in with a password.

:-)

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you so much for fixing this Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

126Posts

87Kudos

1Solutions

We access our server via remote desktop protocol so, with my limited IT understanding, we are all using the same terminal server/PC to access everything. Does this mean every time someone else logs into MYOB, they will override my login cookie? We don't see each other's browser history though, not that I'm aware of anyway. There are only two of us in the office and I'm the only one in MYOB every day, so sometimes the 2FA is fine for a couple of days, then I have to reauthenticate, sometimes daily, then it's fine for another couple of days.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,684 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,684Posts

1,504Kudos

1,790Solutions

Hi @HeatherDBS

As terminal servers do work a little bit differently in the background, I recommend speaking with your network administrator or IT professional over whether another using the same computer would overwrite your login cookie. Generally speaking on a non terminal server computer if another user logs into AccountRight it does overwrite your existing login cookie with their one.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Partner
6 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

6Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

I too don't have an IT degree. I looked at the suggested fix and went "nope" 

Typical MYOB trying to blame everyone else for their issue /smh

Still not fixed as of today 12/4/19..... can we try for 12/4/2020??

Debbie Brownlie
Impact Bookkeeping
Pakenham, VIC

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post