Unallocated transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Conan99
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unallocated transactions

Has anyone else had problems with the criteria for bank transactions not working properly?

If I enter bank transactions from the 'unallocated transactions' link on my dashboard it takes me to a list of allocated transactions. If I change the criteria to allocated or unallocated etc, there is no effect on the transactions it displays.

Ideally I'd reset my browser or something, but this seems a bit extreme for what might just be a bug.

The other bug I've noticed is that sometimes the dropdown box for allocating a transaction is non-responsive.

I have to log out and login in again to get it to work.

I am using the most recent version of Safari (9.1.2) in the most recent vesion of Mac OS. (10.11.6).

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,381Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unallocated transactions

Hi @Conan99

When you change the Show option on the Bank transactions window the screen should auto refresh to the chosen data. Personally I haven't encountered it not refreshing in my MYOB Essentials. To me it sounds like a problem with your Internet Browser's cache in the fact that it is remembering that information and is not allowing that auto refresh. So clearing your browser's cache would be what I would be testing first - Refreshyourcache would be able to assist with that process.

Along with that you mentioned that you where using Safari, I would recommend the use of Google Chrome with MYOB Essentials. In your case its worth testing in a different browser to see if the issues you are experiencing are browser specific and a change of browser does correct that for you.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Conan99
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I agree with the theory, but I tried emptying the cache which didn't work.

The lefthand dropdown box simply does not have any effect on the data shown, either that or it is only showing allocated transactions.

I also tried Firefox, but I get the same problem there too.

If the program is not the issue, it might be something worse in my online data OR some weird system-wide problem that will fix with a reboot - I will keep you posted.

Conan99
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

A system reboot (didn't work) but may have freed up some permission or cache error.

I was able to eventually get a 'reaction' from the Show box by playing with the dates in the 'From and To' and selecting different accounts.

Of course now the problem is cleared, I can not replicate the error by putting the dates back to how they were.

And yes, it works from the dashboard correctly now.

I suspect there was some corruption of a cache or cookie which wasn't responding to the 'clearing'?

Good for now.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,381Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Conan99

Fantastic, great to hear that you have managed to work it out as and it is functioning as intended. Thanks for letting us know.

If you do have any further enquires don't hesitate to post on the MYOB Community Forum again.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post