Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Why can't I cancel my account?

Dear MYOB,

I am writing for a few reasons, all of which has made me extremely angry.

1. Please cancel my account.. IMEDIATELY.

- aside from the fact that I have to call you and sit in a queue to cancel an account I signed up for online, your phone system does not work AT ALL.  It will not let me enter my client number without mistakenly reading single digits as double digits, I can not even get through to billing.  I can read my phone screen, the number is correct, but the number quoted back to me contains large amount of double digits.  Fix it.

2. You are billing a month in ADVANCE, not post billing, so what gives you the right to tell me that there is a 10$ fee for failed transaction?  This is unethical, and you don't deserve any business with this type of penny pinching attitude.

3.  The ability to cancel online should be mandatory, the only time I have ever needed to ring, is to cancel, and you are giving me the run around, your systems are failing, and you have no other methods of getting this done.  The reason I have not cancelled is because of time.  Lets talk about that.  I am now at 1 hour of effort to get in touch with you over the phone, I have dialed your number 4 times, and only made it to the billing queue once.  On that ONE occasion, I was told 6min wait time, 20 minutes later I heard phone tones like someone was mashing their phone keypad (was not mine, the phone was locked and sitting on the table), but the hold music continued to play.  THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE.

*Please disable and delete my account immediately* you will not be receiving any more money from me, and I am no longer willing to waste time with non performant phone systems, this is not worth my time or effort, and the way you try to fine people for paying a month in advance is very bad business.

Don't copy past debit rules for australia, I have already read your unacceptable "we have the right to fine you" bollox here https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Accounting/Credit-Card-Decline-Fee/td-p/504451

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,388 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,388Posts

541Kudos

515Solutions

Re: Why can't I cancel my account?

Hi @Annoyed_Custome 

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had this experience. So that I can assist with cancelling your subscription can you please send me the following information by private message:

• serial number
  • business name
  • primary contact name
  • primary email address

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

You are billing my cancelled account

Guys this is seriously unacceptable behaviour.

Aside from this last post wherein I outlined the difficulty you are putting your customers through...

https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Accounting/Why-can-t-I-cancel-my-account/td-p/652922

My account has now been cancelled, I can not log in to it and see any of my data, Thank you.

You are still trying to bill my account for the 1st to 30th June (PAID MONTH IN ADVANCE) and STILL threatening me with failed transaction fees.  Please cease and dessist your attempt to charge my account for a month you have no right to bill for.  The email states it will try again in 2 days (9th).

If this is not fixed immediately I will be persuing this issue through the ACCC as you are billing for services you are not providing.  Like I said, my account is empty now, and cancelled, and the billing period is 1st-30th of this month.  You are still threatening with transaction fees.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/sales-delivery/non-delivery-of-products-services#:~:text=Under%20t...

Disgraceful business process MYOB

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,945 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,945Posts

5,004Kudos

5,400Solutions

Re: You are billing my cancelled account

Hi @Annoyed_Custome 

Generally, MYOB Essentials subscriptions are to be cancelled by speaking with our phone-based team on 1300 555 151 (Australia) or 0800 60 69 62 (New Zealand). In your previous message, I can see that @Tracey_H  has offered assistance to arrange the cancellation of that subscription and was processing that request for you. However, in this case, as that subscription has been placed in arrears for a period of time the subscription has been automatically terminated and the respective invoice ( 1-74793965767) written off. 

No further charges will come from that subscription and all outstanding invoices are now considered sorted.

We wish you and your business all the best for the future.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post