Why can't users delete bank feed entries (mine were duplicated)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Meggsy
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Why can't users delete bank feed entries (mine were duplicated)

My bank feed duplicated 3 days worth of transactions (lucky it was only 4 transactions in total)-I have spent a fair bit of time on the phone and searching help to try to resolve this problem.  Apparently only MYOB staff can delete bank feed transactions and I would like to know why users can't delete them.  I'd also like to know how the bank feed duplicated these transactions.

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,687 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,687Posts

4,366Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Why can't users delete bank feed entries (mine were duplicated)

Hi @Meggsy 

MYOB Essentials bank feed transactions are sent directly from the bank into our systems which we do pass onto client's MYOB Essentials Business. Due to the way the process does work, a user is not able to delete those automated bank feed transactions. Ideally, if a transaction has been sent from a bank for bank feeds there should be no reason for deleting that transaction, as it will leave reconciliation out of balance. 

There are occasions when a transaction is duplicated (generally occurs when a bank statement has been imported and the bank feeds have also come in) or a client will no longer require that bank feed transaction. If that is that case, we can lodge a ticket with our internal team to look at removing those unwanted bank feeds for a period. Note: This is an all or nothing process where we would remove ALL the bank feeds for a particular period of a particular account.  This is currently a free service, but can up to 5 business days to remove. Do let us know if you would like this service to be offered.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner SueSimpson
2 Posts
Partner
Partner

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Since there are only 4, what you can do is hide the duplicates. Right click on each one in bank feeds, and select hide. Smiley Happy

Meggsy
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Steven - I have no idea why it happened but the bank feed duplicated a few transactions (I've checked to make sure it wasn't because I had imported statements).  I've now deleted the bank feed - don't want to ever go through this again.

I'll definitely take you up on the offer "we can lodge a ticket with our internal team to look at removing those unwanted bank feeds for a period".  I did send an email to myob bank feeds (got that idea from a reply myob sent to another person who had had the same problem).

Cheers

Meggsy

Highlighted
Meggsy
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks JacquiLaw.....I'd rather the problem was sorted properly by deleting the transactions.  Wouldn't hiding them leave the income still in my myob though?  All good.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post