Contributing User
Contributing User

14Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Work and Income Deduction

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me how to deduct work and income for an employee? I Just got a letter by Minister of Social Development. I understand that there will be 35 payments standard payment (first one being lesser). Do I set it up like how I set up Child Support? That is, I go to Pay Items and set it up there, or I can set it up directly under the employee's Pay Item? Would it be able to set up for just 35 payments or I have to manually stop it at 35th? How do we pay this money to work and income? Will it be part of the PAYE? 

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,538 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,538Posts

189Kudos

247Solutions

Re: Work and Income Deduction

Hi @Felicia_soo

Thank you for your post. Our MYOB help article Work and Income (WINZ) deductions in Payroll has instructions on how to set this up.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
14 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

14Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Melisa,

I cannot find Maintenance command center in MYOB Essential. I can only edit employee. Please help point me to the correct page for this maintenance. I tried to search in Help, but there is no clear guide expect to suggest that I might not have the maintenance right, or that its a super portal thing? I urgently need to set this up as it was for last pay. I has done it as Deduction and so far has it appeared in the payslip as "Work and Income" deduction. But this is not done via maintenance command centre. I want to ensure that it was set up correctly. 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,658 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,658Posts

4,979Kudos

5,362Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Felicia_soo 

The information you were provided related to the New Zealand Payroll (Desktop) product. The process is similar though you would set up a deduction pay item to reduce the amount being paid to the employee. If it is for a fixed term or amount deducted i.e. 35 pays you would be looking at manually unlinking that deduction from that employee after completing that term. The software doesn't have the capabilities to remind or set up a period length deduction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post