9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

bank feed deposit

Would anyone be able to advise on how to proceed with a deposit which was invoiced, and paid by eftpos transaction on the day so I entered a cash sales as it probably is a one-off customer sales transaction and completed the payment on the invoice.    However because their deposit also occurred with other deposits for that day it does not show an allocate or partially matched transaction on the bank transaction, just a lump sum as a bank deposit. How do I rectify this situation as it also puts the reconciliation out by that invoiced and paid for amount?  I don't necessarily need to reconcile at this point just want to know about the lump sum and how to get the paid invoice to show allocate to a partial amount of the lump sum deposit if that's possible.

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,439 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,439Posts

5,356Kudos

5,809Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: bank feed deposit

Hi @notagenius 

If you have received a deposit transaction into your bank feeds that is for multiple bank transactions in MYOB Essentials you would want to:

1. Ensure all the necessary transactions have been entered i.e. invoices and Recieve Money transactions
  2. Navigate to Banking>>Bank transactions
  3. Choose the desired transaction
  4. Select Match transactions
  5. Tick the appropriate MYOB Essentials transactions that make up that bank transaction before selecting Save

Attachment.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

notagenius
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Steve, Thanks for your reply.  The deposit on the bank statement is $475.00. This has been autmoatically coded sales so I removed that part.    I receipted inv. xxx so it was paid $190.00.  Went to match transactions. Clicked Filter by all transactions.  This brought up Customer Payment CP000xxx from Cash sales.  It said amount remaining $190.00 amount applied 0.00.  When I ticked the box on the left it says amount remaining 0.00 Amount applied 190.00 but it cannot be saved.  I can't proceed.  What am I doing wrong?  Do I need to do an invoice for the remaining $285.00 as well which is just another eftpos sale but not needed to invoice.

notagenius
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

I have done a receive money in for $285.00 and it worked! Ticked both boxes, and this then changed the total deposits overall for sales so it resolved the problem.  This is the first time for me to have the same amount on MYOB deposits of sales and the bank statements so am pleased to have an answer to a long standing problem!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post