Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

essentials double payment on bank reconciliation

A customer paid an invoice twice.  I have entered a customer return.  The second payment is on the bank statement but the customer return isn't shown when I go to do the bank reconciliation.  How do I reconcile the bank statement?

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,439 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,439Posts

5,356Kudos

5,809Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: essentials double payment on bank reconciliation

Hi @AFA2014 

If a customer double pays an invoice the process you want to use is:

1. Record the first payment as per normal through Sales>>Take payments
  2. Once that payment has been done, navigate to the (now closed) invoice
  3. Update one line to be 1 cent higher. Alternative, add a new line for 1 cent.
  4. Save the updated invoice. This invoice will now re-appear in the Sales>>Take payments window.
  5. Record the second payment on that invoice using the Sales>>Take payments window. Ensure that the Total amount received and payment amount is the amount that was actually paid i.e. the full NOT less than the 1 cent. This will create a customer return for you when recorded.
  6. Update the invoice to remove that 1 cent extra added at Step 3.

The above process will generate that customer return for you to the actual payment amount of the invoice. This customer return can be found in Sales>>Process customer returns. From within here you can apply that customer return to another invoice for the customer OR pay a refund to the customer when applicable.

In short, using the above process will generate two deposit transactions in the bank account with MYOB Essentials to match the two deposit payments in the bank account. If you have paid a refund to the customer and you process that customer return within MYOB Essentials using that Sales>>Process customer returns>>Refund to customer process, you would have a withdrawal to match the payment made to the customer in the actual bank account.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AFA2014
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User