Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

new myob essentials app

Hi,

I have been using Essentials since 2 years now and recently when the company started a new entity we subscribed to an apparently new MYOB which i discovered is an app version upgraded and with new user interface. i am lost in the new essential app which is funny considering i have been working on MYOB since 2 years. One question is how do I delete a payrun? When i called up MYOB they said they would delete from back end and its not possible to do otherwise. What on earth does that mean? Every time there is an error in the payrun and you wish to change you cant?? Other issue is the payslip looks very bland and vague. I am not able to see the super contribution on it. In the old Essentials in a payrun the super amount goes to super expense as well as a super liability account which is closed when we make the super payments. i do not see a super liability account at all. It seems hidden in some account head because the net pay is correct but no visibility  where the liability sits. I really prefer to go back to the old essentials but i heard everyone will have to move to this at some point?

Would appreciate any help on this please.

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,439 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,439Posts

5,356Kudos

5,809Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: new myob essentials app

Hi @ann75 

Payroll transactions in the new MYOB Essentials can be deleted if they have not been accepted by the ATO for payroll reporting. These types of transactions can only be reversed.

Our Help Article: Changing or deleting a pay would be able to assist with that process and has more information on deleting payroll transactions in that product.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ann75
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven. That worked. 

Any idea on why Super contribution doesnt up as a liability as well as an expense? Shouldnt it go to a liability account so that is closed when the payment for super is actually. But right now i see the super only as an expense item in P&L

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,439 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,439Posts

5,356Kudos

5,809Solutions

Hi @ann75 

It would depend on the way the pay item has been set up. Typically for superannuation categories that are funded by the employer i.e. superannuation guarantee, there would be a liability amount and an expense amount. The liability amount to account for the amount to be paid to the superannuation fund, while the expense amount would be an expense to the business.

After processing the pay with the superannuation amount, if you are not seeing that liability amount, I would make sure that you have that liability account attached to the superannuation pay item i.e. you have a Linked payable account for that superannuation pay item linked to that employee.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post