paying a wage slip with cash and and EFT

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
jamie10
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

paying a wage slip with cash and and EFT

On the odd occasion one of our staff members have been given a cash advance before payday.  When I do the pay run I will process the pay slip as usual however when I manually make the payment to our staff member I pay him the balance owing by EFT less the cash already given to him.  

Now the question is how do I record that cash and allocate it to that wage slip?  I was doing a Spend Money, from the petty cash account and allocating it to wages and salaries.  Then when I allocate or match my bank transactions I would allocate the part wages paid by EFT to wages and salaries as it does not match up to that payrol if its not the full amount.  I dont know if I am doing it correctly

3 REPLIES 3
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,599Kudos

1,907Solutions

Re: paying a wage slip with cash and and EFT

Hi @jamie10 

I’d recommend following the steps on our help article Wage advances, which steps through how to record a wage advance through the payroll system and repay it when the normal pays are done. This also ensures that you can match the entries to the bank feeds

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

jamie10
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Neil_M 

Thank you I have read through the wage advance article but that only shows you how to give a wage advance through the bank.  What do I do if I have already given them a cash advance?

Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,599Kudos

1,907Solutions

Hi @jamie10 

I’d recommend having a discussion with your accountant over how to account for the cash advance given to the employee, as presumably the cash has come from another transaction or cash drawer.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post