Partner Zone
Partner Zone

payroll entered using old PAYG rates into bank account and now i cant match transaction or change in pay run

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
indola
4 Posts
Cover User
indola
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

payroll entered using old PAYG rates into bank account and now i cant match transaction or change in pay run

my wife enters my pay manually usually using internet banking and then goes back at the end of the month and does the pay run on myob essentials. but little did we know the tax table had changed and my pay had increased by $3.

The problem is now we can't match these pays or delete and re enter them as the old amounts are in the system now.

It wont allow us to manually change the amount in the pay run and we cant allocate it to wages and salaries as it will put these pays in twice. any help would be greatly appreciated cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate Cover User bungy15
1,051 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User

1054Posts

848Kudos

191Solutions

Re: payroll entered using old PAYG rates into bank account and now i cant match transaction or change in pay run

Hi @indola

Since it's only $3 an easy fix for this it to manually override the PAYG Withholding amount when processing these pays.  So if PAYG is $50, change it to $53.  Your net pay will now match the amounts transfered via internet banking.

Hope this helps

Tracey

indola
4 Posts
Cover User
indola
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: payroll entered using old PAYG rates into bank account and now i cant match transaction or change in pay run

Gday Tracey, we've tried to manually override the amounts in the pay runs but with myob essentials online this is possible. My wife uses the bigger myob at her work and what you have suggested can be done but not on this myob program. It won't let you adjust any pay run numbers manually.
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31496Posts

4102Kudos

4585Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @indola

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge.

It's great to see that @bungy15 has offered assistance in regards to your enquiry.

Ideally the payroll transactions recorded by MYOB Essentials will be correct according to the PAYG component as such you should be deleting the payroll transaction you have recorded, process the correct pay and then fixing it up externally to the program. However I understand that a bank transaction has become involved which complicates its a little more. 

What I would be doing is deleting the payroll transaction (MYOB Essentials Help Article: Edit or delete a pay run). Once that transaction has been deleted you would process a payroll transaction for the employees, on this pay run you would need to change the PAYG value. This is done while in the Pay run window and clicking into the PAYG value to type in the required PAYG value (in this case the incorrect value) i.e.:

Capture.PNG

By recording the transaction incorrectly it will match up with the bank transaction for you.

Clearing that up (in terms of paying the incorrect PAYG) would be up to you.

• You could just leave it and file with the incorrect PAYG value at the end of the year (for PAYG Payment Summaries). As you would be filling too much tax its not going to be a big problem (the other way would be more of one) - best to speak to an Accountant about this one.
  • The other option would be adjust the automatically calculated PAYG value down in the next pay run. This will account for the fact that you overpayment on one pay.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

indola
4 Posts
Cover User
indola
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Cheers Steve it worked a treat you're a legend
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post