"Accounts" list not showing in drop down box

Sharger
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

"Accounts" list not showing in drop down box

I am trying to enter previous wages, tax, super payments that were made from the start of the financial year prior to using Essentials (now hopefully!) and under the instructions to do so I am clicking on the business name and the drop down box is supposed to have "Accounts" and then "Accounts List" under that for entering these but "Accounts" isn't listed at all...
Have I missed a step somewhere setting up Essentials?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,737 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,737Posts

4,375Kudos

0Solutions

Re: "Accounts" list not showing in drop down box

Hi @Sharger 

MYOB Essentials Payroll doesn't have an Account List option. As MYOB Essentials Payroll is solely a payroll-based product it doesn't have the functionality that an MYOB Essentials Starter or higher product does contain. The Account List is a set list that doesn't allow changing or entry of opening balances.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sharger
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your reply.
So there is nowhere in Essentials Payroll to add wages, tax and superannuation payments that were made from the start of this tax year and prior to use of Essentials payroll then?

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,311 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,311Posts

516Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Sharger 

In Essentials Payroll, you won't be able to enter the past payroll data purely by recording journals to update the account balances. Instead, you can record the past data as payroll transactions. 

If there are many past pays to be entered, e.g. weekly pay runs, you may consider consolidating them by running payroll reports to work out the monthly total, then record them as monthly pays to save time. 

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post