Highlighted
ImaginePaul
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

receipts download from myob essentials

I am looking to change from essentials to accountright. I have been told I will not have access to my old essentials data after 3 months and am thinking how to keep access to everything I might need after the changeover.

I know I can download the general ledger and many other reports such as payroll, however; I have not kept many hard copies of receipts and want to access these (in case I am audited) after we change over to account right.

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,902Posts

215Kudos

215Solutions

Re: receipts download from myob essentials

Hi @ImaginePaul 

Thanks for your post. I hope you're finding plenty of useful tips, advice and support on the community forum. 

Are the receipts in your In Tray? You should be able to download these as well, more information in the article Working with In Tray documents

Let me know if you need more information. If this answers your post please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users in their search. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ImaginePaul
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I can download receipts individually either through the intray or by looking at the bill. The problem I face is we have not always kept the hard copy of receipts as we believed the soft copy was enough of a record.

As we are upgrading to account right and will not have access to anything after changing over (and I'm told the data will be deleted after 3 months in any case) I am wanting to somehow access each of my receipt documents (since July 2014) so I can store them somewhere in case we are asked to show evidence of expenditure.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,453Posts

551Kudos

1,156Solutions

Hi @ImaginePaul 

Thanks for the additional information.

If you never uploaded a hard copy of the receipts for a particular expenditure, then Essentials is unable to provide one right now. If you did upload any documents in the past, then you can certainly retain them now. Other than that, the software itself would only contain a 'soft copy', being the transactions recorded. 

In order to keep a record of what was recorded in the software, please do generate and keep varies of reports. For example the general ledger detail report list all the transactions that have been applied to an account for specified period, bill reports can also provide more details on bills specifically. 

I hope this clarifies it for you. Please do not hesitate to post again if you have further questions.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post