MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

tax type for suppliers not registered for gst

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MacKenzieIP
2 Posts
User
MacKenzieIP

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

tax type for suppliers not registered for gst

I'm using myob essentials in New Zealand.  I have a couple of NZ suppliers that are not GST registered.  How do I deal with this when entering the tax type for their bills.?  

There are options for zero rated and exempt but I have read IRD info for both options and there doesn't seem to be any mention of non registered suppliers.

3 REPLIES 3
Former Staff Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Sebastien_D
Former Staff

2784Posts

54Kudos

231Solutions

Re: tax type for suppliers not registered for gst

Welcome to the Community Forum @MacKenzieIP, we hope you find it beneficial for your MYOB queries.

In this case, I would suggest using the NT (Non Taxable) tax code for these NZ suppliers. This is because you cannot create Tax Codes in MYOB Essentials and this is the next practical option as NZ won't have the GNR (Not Registered) tax code.

If you are unsure of these options and how they work with your transactions, it would be best to talk to your accountant for further information.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have other queries.

Kind Regards

Sebastien
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Highlighted
MacKenzieIP
2 Posts
User
MacKenzieIP

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Ok, thanks.  How do I make a supplier NT in myob?  It doesn't seem to be an option when I go into that suppliers details.

thanks, Alison

MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Liam_M
MYOB Moderator

3488Posts

1326Kudos

529Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hello @MacKenzieIP 

The tax rate is set within a transactions, rather than in a contacts details. Whenever you record a purcahse from this supplier, you would select the tax rate in the tax type column. In a New Zealand essentials file, you won't have the tax code NT. You would need to use the tax code E (Exempt) instead.

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post