tax type for suppliers not registered for gst

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
jamanagement
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

tax type for suppliers not registered for gst

Hi, 

I am very new to the cloud version of MYOB, but have noticed something missing that was very convenient in my old desktop version.

I used to be able to record a supplier as GST registered or not and this would automatically be reflected on invoices without me having to select it every time.

I know it's just a couple of extra clicks, but anything that gets bills entered quicker is always a plus in my book. Is there any reason this is no longer the case or has it just been overlooked?

TIA

Geoff

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,303 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,303Posts

515Kudos

0Solutions

Re: tax type for suppliers not registered for gst

Hi there @jamanagement

First of all, please allow me to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

It appears the question is regarding the new AccountRight, I've moved your post from Essentials board to the AccountRight board then. 

The default tax code settings in classic version of AccountRight and the new AccountRight work the same. I assume you are referring to the reminder message "An ABN for this supplier has not been recorded in their card..." when recording a purchase. You can choose to turn off this warning via Setup > Preferences > Purchases > untick the last option. 

You can also set up default tax codes for individual suppliers via Card List > Supplier > Buying Details > Tax code, and please tick the option "User Supplier's Tax Code'. This way the selected tax code would always be the default code for this supplier when recording a purchase.

Hope this helps, please feel free to let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

jamanagement
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply, however, your assumtion on AccountRight is incorrect.

I am using online Essentials. However, the function you refer to on the card list is the one I would like to see in Essentials. I see no way to set up individual tax codes for my suppliers except during each invoice. I find this method slow when it could be a set and forget feature of the suppliers record.

Thanks

Geoff

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,303 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,303Posts

515Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you very much for the update @jamanagement

In Essentials, I'm afraid it is as you discovered it doesn't have the ability to set a default tax code for customers and suppliers. 

Comparing to the desktop product AccountRight, Essentials Accounting is a fully web browser based simple accounting product. You would notice Essentials doesn't have as many customisation options as AccountRight does. 

Having said that, our developers are always considering improving the work flow in Essentials. I would encourage you to post suggestions on the Essentials Idea Exchange Board, so other interested users can cast their vote and leave comments if required.

Please feel free to post again if you have more queries.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post