upgrading from Accounting v18 to Essentials Accounting + Payroll

brettscreenname
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

upgrading from Accounting v18 to Essentials Accounting + Payroll

We are currently using a PC desktop version of Accounting v18. I would like to upgrade to an online version of Essentials Accounting + Payroll.

We do need Payroll so Essentials Accounting and AccountRight Standard aren't appropriate.

We don't need Inventory Tracking and therefore don't require AccountRight Plus.

How do I upgrade from Accounting v18 to Essentials Accounting + Payroll?

Will I be able to transfer my company file from Accounting v18 to Essentials Accounting + Payroll?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Valued User Robert_Mitchell
152 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

152Posts

43Kudos

0Solutions

Re: upgrading from Accounting v18 to Essentials Accounting + Payroll

Make sure you try before you commit as Essentials is very different and you are stuck with online only which can be a problem at times. The migration process brings a lot of entries in as journals including payroll so you have to re-enter the payroll data from 1st July and delete or reverse the journals and sort out all of your reconciliations for this. The reports aren't as good as Classic MYOB and it is slower to use as you can only be in one thing at a time and can't use keyboard shortcuts like you can in Classic or the new MYOB. I'm guessing you want to keep costs down so there are third party alternatives that will allow you to be STP compliant with your version but I am not allowed to name these on here so try private messaging gavin12345 if you would like more info.

Cheers

Robert 

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,637 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,637Posts

4,349Kudos

0Solutions

Re: upgrading from Accounting v18 to Essentials Accounting + Payroll

Hi @brettscreenname 

Great to hear that you are looking at the MYOB Essentials product range. We do offer users a 30-day trial of the product should they wish to ensure that it meets their needs. More information on MYOB Essentials and to get started with that trial do see MYOB Essentials.

In terms of data migration, we would do a migration service that will migrate AccountRight/Accounting v18 data to MYOB Essentials. This can be arranged through Move to MYOB Essentials. From a data point of view, our Migration Conversion FAQ document does cover will be migrated across. I've included the two biggest points below for you:

What gets brought across in the conversion?
If you are converting to Essentials Accounting, your contacts, accounts, open sales and purchases
and items list will be brought across.

Other transactions such as closed sales/purchases, banking transactions and payroll transactions
will be brought across as general journal entries.

How much history is converted?
As part of the migration service, we will bring across the prior financial year and current financial
year to date.

Do let us know if you require further assistance with that migration or have any further enquires relating to MYOB Essentials.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post