Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: ABA file generation for Supplier payments

2Posts

118Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User

Good Afternoon

I just came accross this with a client and couldn't believe that this feature was available.  

Our client is on MYOB Essentials and wanted to create an ABA file for bills being paid today.  As this has  been implemented for Payroll it seems only natural that this would be done for supplier invoices as well.

This needs to be implemented as soon as possible as it is very difficult to recommend a client to move to MYOB Essentials when there is no ABA file creation for payments to be made.  This client operates using a Mac so they are limited with MYOB online offerings.  

Regards

Bianca Middleton

"ABA file generation for Bills in MYOB Essentials"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will allow users to set up and make supplier payments using a bank file (ABA file).

Check out Help Article: Paying suppliers and employees electronically for more information.

55 Comments
Chappo48
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

It is a major limitation when compared to MYOB? Please expedite it's inclusion.

PHB
1 Post
Cover User

Being able to create aba files for payments to suppliers from an accounting software package is a basic necessity.  I'm shocked that Essentials does not have this basic functionality.  I agree this need to be implemented ASAP as I will not be able to recommend MYOB essentials to future clients without this functionality.

"ABA file generation for Bills in MYOB Essentials"

Gejr
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We were recommended to change to Essentials by our Accountant as we have clashes with PCs and Macs at this stage not happy with Essentials or Accountant

KateyCoates
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Would like to be able to pay a number of Bills at once and able to download a batch file direct to the bank with the suppliers bank account details and amount to pay

SharonCohen
Experienced Partner
18 Posts
Experienced Partner

Agreed, this is basic functionality indeed 

BPike
2 Posts
Cover User

This feature is a must these days, would really like to see this feature in Essentials as soon as possible.

Clea
2 Posts
User

I totally agree that this should be implemented. It's difficult to fathom that a useful feature that was available in the desktop versions was taken out when new developments are meant to make processing more convenient.

LeonieL12
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

We are able to create a bank file for payroll but not for supplier payments.  This leaves lots of room for manual entry mistakes.  Please fix this as a matter of priority. 

leoniestar
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This has been requested for years - is there any chance you will implement this feature?

SumTotal
Contributing Partner
11 Posts
Contributing Partner

How much longer for this??