Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend money: Ability to take a photo of receipts and attach to transaction

Valued Partner

133Posts

206Kudos

10Solutions

133 Posts
Valued Partner
Australia

I'd like the ability to take a photo of receipts and then attach them to the transaction in the banking screen.  This will make it really easy for businesses to keep their records and also will help bookkeepers and accountants when working on their client's file.

I've got a few clients who would really benefit from this as they are constantly travelling and loosing the actual receipts.  It will also save the accountants asking for copies of invoices if they are already attached to the transaction.

I've recently spoken with a couple of people who raved about this functionality that their online software provider has and it would be great if MYOB's customers could do the same.

"Ability to take a photo of receipts and attach to transaction (via app?)"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2019

Hi All,

Thank you to those that helped participate in our Beta, now that MYOB Capture has been fully released to both Android and iOS - we are happy to mark this Idea as Done.

Please also feel free to check out our collected FAQ's surrounding MYOB Capture on this post: MYOB Capture FAQs - Turn your phone into a receipt scanner

Cheers,

Hayden

MYOB Product Team

@interAccounts @BECg @KF42 @BUB81 

26 Comments
Owtcha
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Is there an update about when MYOB will be adding on the feature to quickly upload mobile phone photoshots of receipts? 

I'm seriously considering changing over to accounting software that does this (of which there are several out there  with good reviews), because it would minimise receipts going missing and because it is so tediously long scanning receipts into MYOB.

TMac77
3 Posts
Cover User

Absolutely Agree with all of the above!!!

Mattman
1 Post
Cover User

Wow! I am surprised it has taken this long to get this function. I just saw the latest ATO app & works great! It's just not linked to MYOB!! 😆  I am sure you can get it together soon so we can all use with our monthly subscription services of products.  Thanks

Busygirlange
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes, yes, yes! 

KiwiBuilt
1 Post
Cover User

would have thought this would have been a standard with you guys talking about going paperless.

plus would make it easier wouldnt habe to take a **bleep** load of paperwork to my accountant

BECg
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

oh my god yes please i have soooo many people this would benefit from and help me do their bookeeping as i only see them once every 3 months can we imagine how much disappears doesnt get entered and then we just go off bank accounts and cant do a running balance with what is owed etc would love to have this so i could do accurate running balances !!

BECg
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

this would be amazing imagine if the men only had to take a photo and send it to us every time they did a transaction  related to work we could actually keep there bookkeeping up to date!!! even have an accurate creditors and debtors!!!

CalibreAir
4 Posts
Cover User

I agree.  As a tradie I'm always in the car and losing receipts that are small etc.  This function would make it a lot easier to keep track of receipts and I have other friends with their own business who have this function with another accounting software provider and has confirmed its benefits.

This function would make business life a lot easier for a lot of people, including the accountants trying to do the bookwork.

MYOB - is there any update on when this function will be available.  I've recently been considering changing accounting software provider in order to have this function.

bigswing
1 Post
Cover User

I want this functionality!

BUB81
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I love the feature where you can upload your invoice into the company file to save on paper. Presently you can only do this when entering a bill. I would love to see this feature availalbe for entering payments through the "spend money" screen as well. About half of our organistions payments are put through this screen and I can't upload paperwork which means our organisation can't be completely paper free for payments and bills.