Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Account lists: Header accounts

Ultimate Partner

1,924Posts

549Kudos

168Solutions

1,924 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

MYOB,

Can you please comment on why MYOB Essentials does hot have the ability to have Headers.

This is a important part of reporting to business owners eg Salaries - Directors and Salaries - Staff should always be separated.

I have used MYOB since 1998 and cannot understand why Headers would be removed from a Accounts List.

The big advantage that MYOB had over tax preparation software like Solution 6 is that the Chart of Accounts (now Accounts List) could be modified to suit the management needs of every different business.

MYOB should be encouraging Business Owners to use MYOB regularly for decision making purposes.

We now have a subscription model which forces business owners to have the latest version.

This is good for decision making purposes but I cannot stress enough the importance of a functional Accounts List.

Duncan Smith

Business Advice + Tax.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2018

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to announce that Header Accounts have been added to MYOB Essentials.

For more information on this function please see MYOB Essentials Blog Article: Improved reporting with headers, quantities and more

44 Comments
IanWilliams
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Duncan's comments (January 2015 are spot on) When MYOB say the inclusion of headers is planned, what is the time frame to implimentation?

Ian Williams

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your showing your support for this idea and voting for it.

I'm pleased to announce that we working on developing the ability to create and manage header accounts for your MYOB Essentials Business's Accounts Lists.

More information will be available closer to the release of this feature.

Lgh
1 Post
Cover User

Guys,

Wtf. I use MYOB as a CA and now have to use MYOB essentials for a school treasurer roll (not many transactions; but it gets audited so hence using accounting software rather than excel). We host functions to raise money for scholarships and we have to able to track how each event does. Because this MYOB Essentials does not have Header / Sub accounts; or the ability to allocate things to a project - it is beyond how it is useful to any small business when the P&L can only work if you have 1 income line. Who developed this and actually thought this product was functional?? Is this getting fixed? If so - when? 

I've been told Xero has this function so unless this is resolved asap I see no reason to stay with MYOB when it can't actually support small business reporting. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to announce that Header Accounts have been added to MYOB Essentials.

For more information on this function please see MYOB Essentials Blog Article: Improved reporting with headers, quantities and more