Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Allocate three banking transactions

Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

9 Posts
Cover User
Australia

We are currently having an issue with a client who is paying there employees in more than one bank withdrawl.  By doing this we are aunable to allocate to a payrun.  When running payroll reports and the profit and loss it seems to be reporting on the actual pay run not when the expenses is allocated.  This could create issues down the track.  I would like to request that the payroll run needs to be allocated against a withdrawal prior to be included in the profit and loss reports. 

Also there needs to be a way of allocating a number of transactions to one item.  In my case the three withdrawals all need to be allocated to one payrun.

"Allocation of Payroll"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: July 2018

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had little support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

3 Comments
HelenA
2 Posts
User

Hi there,

Hope I've understood your question properly, and my reply makes sense. 

Because of these issues, the work around I have used is to create a bank account in MYOB called Payroll Clearing and I've linked the Pay Run to this in the Settings/Payroll menu.  The multiple payment transaction from the actual bank account can be allocated to the clearing account, and you can reconcile the transactions when the multiple payments and the payrun figures for an employee match.

When I say Allocate - Live Accounts currently requires you to enter the transaction between the bank account and the Payroll Clearing account as a bank transfer and then it will match the imported or linked bank statement.

Hope this helps.

Helen

Richard_Puffe
Trusted User
112 Posts
Trusted User

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had little support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages