Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Allocation rules - choose type of transaction deposit vs withdrawl

mel_nee
Cover User

8Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

8 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

It would be so much better if when we create allocation rules if we could choose whether its for a deposit or a withdrawl.  The main example is EFTPOS

Eftpos can be sales = deposit/income OR

Eftpos can be monthly rental fee = withdrawl/expense

Given the additional changing info that appears on the bank statement being able to simply choose the coding for each different type Withdrawl vs Deposit would make life and allocations tidier.

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2015

Hi @mel_nee 

Thank you for your idea in regards to MYOB Essentials and managing allocation rules.

Currently it will match both deposits and withdrawals based on the rule's bank transaction description. 

I would encourage others that would like to see the ability to create an allocation rule where you can decide if its a deposit or a withdrawal to vote for this idea and comment if required.

5 Comments
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @mel_nee 

Thank you for your idea in regards to MYOB Essentials and managing allocation rules.

Currently it will match both deposits and withdrawals based on the rule's bank transaction description. 

I would encourage others that would like to see the ability to create an allocation rule where you can decide if its a deposit or a withdrawal to vote for this idea and comment if required.

Experienced Partner DebraAnderson
34 Posts
Experienced Partner

Very important!

Partner KENE
10 Posts
Partner

I am constantly encountering this problem.

Especially when creating a rule based upon amount.

Another solution would be to recognise negative amounts in rules.

Toni_Maree
4 Posts
Cover User

I agree that this needs to be done.  With most sales recorded by eftpos it is a pain to code individually

Toni_Maree
4 Posts
Cover User

I agree that this needs to be done.  With most sales recorded by eftpos it is a pain to code individually. You could do this in Banklink.