Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Appreciation and Suggestions

Experienced Partner

121Posts

287Kudos

0Solutions

121 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Hi Team

Appreciate recent improvements to Live Accounts, in particular, the auto fill of balancing amounts in the split window screens.  Thanks

Suggestions for Further improvements in prioritised order:-
Please call me if my brief descriptions are too cryptic/unclear.

Spend money etc auto fill total amount to line amount
Send money etc, Split transactions auto fill as for Bank transactions split window, once initial partial amount entered on line detail

Spend money - date after save, best to revert to last date entered rather than today's date
Spend money - after save, revert to spend money window, rather than transactions list

In drop down lists for allocating to categories, eliminate 'more' and just display full list - ie will then include 5 cost of sales etc...

Where 'Note' appears on bank transactions window (great facility thanks)
add 'Doc' so that user can link to a picture/scan of

All the best

Geoffrey

Geoffrey Colwill
Coach, Trainer & Consultant
Business, Finance & MYOB

Mobile  0427 701 892         Office  02 6679 4231               Skype geoffreycolwill
39 Clareville Road, Smiths Creek, Uki NSW 2484  
MYOB Certified Consultant & Partner Advisory Group -  Live Accounts Advisor
BAS Agent 81329003 - ABN 20 019 658 901  Cert IV Financial Services (Accounting)
NORTEC Employment & Training Ltd. - Director    Tweed Valley Sailing Club - Treasurer/Secretary
Uki Hall Trust - Trustee     Ukitopia - Treasurer

3 Comments
MYOB Moderator StevePick
113 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi Geoffrey,

Would it be easier to just enter the line amount? Remove the 'Total Amount' field at the top of the page altogether?

Send money etc, Split transactions auto fill as for Bank transactions split window, once initial partial amount entered on line detail

Yes

Spend money - date after save, best to revert to last date entered rather than today's date
Spend money - after save, revert to spend money window, rather than transactions list

If I understand, when you enter a spend money and save, open a new spend money with the same date as the previous spend money? Return to the transactions list when you have finished entering all the spend money transactions? Same interaction as invoices where you can 'Save' or 'Save and add another'?

In drop down lists for allocating to categories, eliminate 'more' and just display full list - ie will then include 5 cost of sales etc...
Yes we are doing this soon.

We have had a few requests for this. It is not on the roadmap at the moment.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Cheers,

Experienced Partner Geoff_Colwill
121 Posts
Experienced Partner
Re: Appreciation and Suggestions

Hi Geoffrey,

Would it be easier to just enter the line amount? Remove the 'Total Amount' field at the top of the page altogether?

Yes good idea.

Yes
Great

If I understand, when you enter a spend money and save, open a new spend money with the same date as the previous spend money?

Exactly

Return to the transactions list when you have finished entering all the spend money transactions? Same interaction as invoices where you can 'Save' or 'Save and add another'?

Yes

Yes we are doing this soon.

Great.

We have had a few requests for this. It is not on the roadmap at the moment.

OK

A few others I've been saving up since my last:-

Great new feature to add new account categories in Bank Trans window, thanks - can we now add to other screens, such as Spend Money - probably in process?

I realise that the others need a clarification phone discussion with the LA support team first.

Thanks for all your good work.

Cheers

Geoffrey

LiveLive
1 Post
User

"In drop down lists for allocating to categories, eliminate 'more' and just display full list - ie will then include 5 cost of sales etc"

I believe this is a must have, having to click more 99% of the time is a big problem..