Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Balance Sheet - Comparisons

Partner

2Posts

86Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Partner
Australia

It would be good to have the ability to generate a Balance Sheet and P&L that shows prior period comparative data within Live Accounts.

If possible, the option to show additional columns such as $ movement or % movement would be helpful also. 

Most accountants would find this helpful in analyzing the performance of a business.

"Balance sheet and Profit and Loss Comparatives"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: April 2021

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will allow the Balance Sheet (and Profit & Loss) reports to have the option to compare to Last year.

Note: This is an option is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform, existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users would be migrated across to the new platform in due course. Although, users can compare to last year using the Profit & Loss report in the original platform.

24 Comments
RobertCrawford
3 Posts
User

It would be very helpful on a number of fronts to be able to export key reports to excel; not merely the single pdf format!

Likewise the Multi Period P & L Report is such a wonderful analytic tool in the other MYOB accounting products that it should be replicated in Live Accounts.

It's some the smaller/first time users attracted to LiveAccounts that need as much guidance and analysis as possible to ensure they grow and succeed.

The above enhancements would help immensely.

TomOnTuesday
Super Cover User
224 Posts
Super Cover User

You can do all of that now: Reports/P&L or Balance Sheet/Last Year Analysis. The reports compare the same date range this year with last yeare, including $ and % differences.

Davo76
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

I can see this is available in AccountRight Live but haven't seen an option for this in Live Accounts.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your feedback on the reporting options Davo76, this type of update is something that may be able to be added into a future update. Other users who would like this added in please vote to show your support for this idea.
STBA
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree 100% with Davo76.

A prior period (typically same period last year) comparison column is VERY IMPORTANT to us, particulary for the P&L report.

In fact if this is not implemented by the end of this Financial Year it might be a deal-breaker. By that I mean that we may cease to use Live Accounts.

Live Accounts is fun to use and it has so much potential, but gaping holes like this badly need to be fixed.

Alan Bottomley.

MeganP
2 Posts
Cover User

Can we please have the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet Reports updated so that they will have the option to show prior year comparative figures in MYOB Essentials? Every other MYOB product has this so not sure why this is not available for MYOB Essentials. We are having to export the reports to Excel to manually give comparatives and this very unproductive.

Linh-Co
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User

Hi

I have use ODBC to create a direct link to any myob data files, you can create a comparison using link to 5 different years if you wanted, enabling you to refresh your data with a click of a button.

You should look into it. If you need further assistance let me know.

Regards

LCD

STBA
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Please MYOB Essentials software team ...

Can you please get something happening on prior period comparison figures.

The lack of this feature seems like a gaping hole to me (and to our Accountant).

When I signed up for MYOB Essentials I just assumed that this feature would be available, but it isn't. And even now, after 15 months of using this on-line software, I see that its status is only "Under consideration".

If the status changes to something like "being implememted" within the next few months then that would be great !

Otherwise I may have to ditch using MYOB Essentials which would be a great pity.

Alan Bottomley.

STBA
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree 100% with MeganP.

We need the option of prior period comparison figures in MYOB Essentials.

I posted some comments on a closely related topic elsewhere.

See:

http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Idea-Exchange/Balance-sheet-and-Profit-and-Loss-Compara...

Alan Bottomley.

DebraAnderson
Experienced Partner
77 Posts
Experienced Partner

Being able to print year on year comparitive reports for P&L and Balance Sheet are absolutely essential for any accountant to be able to work with the file.