Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank rules: Turn off auto allocation

Experienced Cover User

125Posts

77Kudos

0Solutions

125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way to turn off the auto allocation in LiveAccounts as I find it is constantly matching wrong payments to the wrong customer or supplier invoice.  Twice I have thought that a bill had been paid as it was cleared out of the system only to receive an overdue notice from the supplier and when I go through and check it has in fact been auto reconciled by LiveAccounts with another incorrect payment

"LiveAccounts - Turn off Auto Allocation"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2015

Hi everyone, thank you for all your votes and feedback. Our developers have taken this aboard and I'm very pleased to annouse that this feature has now been implemented. 

You can now turn off bank feeds auto-allocation in the new banking system via Manage Allocation Rules, please check out the latest Essentials Blog for more information.

57 Comments
LauraNNE
1 Post
User

Hi there! 

We would love to be able to disable the automatic allocation. Money out is not so much an issue but money in is a nightmare! We are constantly having to unmatch/delete payments and re-allocate them. It would be much more time effective to simply allocate our payments recieved ourselves. We would love this to be changed ASAP.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you all for your comments and feedback. They have been passed on to our product development team. Please continue to vote on the idea by clicking on the + Vote icon at the top left hand side of the post. 

Shaways
1 Post
User

The option of turning off the automatically allocated transactions by MYOB Essentials urgently needs to be addressed. These transactions all need to be double checked which is timely. I have often been chasing the wrong customer for overdue invoices as deposits have been automatically allocated to incorrect invoices. It's embarressing and very uprofessional. Seriously considering swaping to Xero as the reconciling process is much better. I would be very appreciative if this was addressed so I don't have to change software programs.

Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Shaways 

Thank you for voting and your feedback in regards to the MYOB Essentials program and auto allocating transactions. I have shared your feedback with the team.

AlannaCarse
1 Post
User

This issue needs to be addressed ASAP. Thank you.

VortexB
2 Posts
User

SAME AS ABOVE .

WASTING SO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT THAT I STILL NEED TO USE A BOOKKEEPER TO SORT IT OUT.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @VortexB 

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea. I have shared your comments with the team.

seachange
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User

I've just had debt collectors incorrectly chase up a customer for payment. The customer has indeed paid and the payment was allocated incorrectly to a different customer invoice.Myob...this makes us look very unprofessional. Please sort it out.

Emilyp
1 Post
User

Yes please add this feature ASAP, I found this forum searching if there was a way to turn this off. Always allocating to wrong invoices - so annoying!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Emilyp 

Thank you for your feedback. 

Along with commenting you can show your support for an idea on the Essentials Idea Exchange by voting for it. You can vote for an idea using the + Vote button to the left of the Idea's name.