Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank transactions: Auto-match customer deposits

BKF
Partner
Partner

4Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Partner
Australia

Automatic Matching/Allocation of Customer Payments – When the system automatically allocates deposits against customer invoices – sometimes it does this incorrectly. I know we can go to the bank transactions & look at 'MYOB matched transactions' however this is not the most efficient process & causes a lot more work. We bookkeepers can get around it however it can cost the client more $$ & or worse if they are doing the receipting themselves, they may think an Invoice has been paid when it hasn't. It can be like looking for a needle in a haystack ie. very time consuming for us, hence costly to the client = disgruntled with MYOBLive= not recommending it to others.

If this isn’t available can it be added to the wish list please – it would be very very helpful

WHY: a) We & or Clients cannot do Customer Statement or report until we have checked the MYOBAllocatedTransactions. An example of mine - I had an invoice that was showing as paid however there are invoices outstanding prior so it was easy for me to know that it has been incorrectly auto matched however if a business owner is not doing this regularly (many small business owners only do this mthly or even qrtly) they may not recognise it until mths later & after they have sent out incorrect Statements. I have had to go to the banking screen & search for the amounts in each bank or credit card account to find mis matched transaction.

Possible Solution: It would be great  to have a) an easy way to look at the invoice & or customer history & drill down to see either what payment has been applied or at very least what date of the payment that has been applied or an easy way to identify what payment has been allocated so at least we could locate it quickly or b) a system that flags potential customer payments for allocation as opposed to automatically matching them could be more effective as above 1. If it is incorrectly matched automatically it may not be identified as such until Statements have been sent out & or months later. Again Business owners count on this being accurate and just want to be able to push a button, not have to check the auto matched allocations first. This is a serious issue that can cause a lot of confusion for not only bookkeepers but MYOBLive business users so hoping MYOB can please put it on the priority list for development Regards Annie

"Request amendment/upgrade to Automatic Matching/Allocation of Customer Payments function"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2016

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your interest in this idea. With the implementation of the new Bank Transaction system, there is the option to turn auto-match off. When you go to Bank Transactions to reconcile, it will list possible matches the system already found, for your convenience. 

4 Comments
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea BKF. I can certainly see how having an option to not automatically match transactions could help especially when having the same amounts. If others would also like to see this functionality, please add a vote.
dsaric
1 Post
User

Please can you stop the bank transactions being matched automatically?  It's matching to the wrong invoices and also doesn't allow me the opportunity to review what has been paid so I can issue $0 owing invoices. 

aplus
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi, I think I know what you can do. I was also frustrated over the same thing initiatlly. But I then found a way. You can delete the matched transaction. It then reappeares as unallocated transation. You can rematch it the right way. I hope this helps.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your interest in this idea. With the implementation of the new Bank Transaction system, there is the option to turn auto-match off. When you go to Bank Transactions to reconcile, it will list possible matches the system already found, for your convenience.