Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank transactions: Match and allocate a bank transaction

9Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

9 Posts
User
Australia

As far as I can tell, on the Bank Transactions screen there is no way to ultilise both the Match Transactions tab and the Allocate tab at the same (only one or the other).

Scenario: I'm running my business throgh a company, and deposit a cheque from a client (paying an invoice) and a cheque from myself (top up the bank balance) at the same time.

If they came through seperately, I could use the Match Transaction tab to match the client cheque to an invoice, and use the Allocate tab to allocate my deposit to my loan account. If they come through in the one transaction this isn't possible as the tabs appear to be mutually exclusive.

My current work-around is to 'Take Payment' on the invoice against Cash on Hand a/c, and then use the Allocate tab for both transactions and allocate the Client cheque to Cash on Hand a/c (netting out to nil).

"Deposited Transactions"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2021

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows for users to match and also allocate the one bank transaction using the Add adjustment option.

Note: This banking change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

1 Comment
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows for users to match and also allocate the one bank transaction using the Add adjustment option.

Note: This banking change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.