Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Bank transactions: Match partial invoice values

seachange
Experienced User

33Posts

89Kudos

0Solutions

16 Posts
Experienced User
Australia

I think Myob should be able to match uneven amounts that are deposited.

This is particularly troublesome for me as  I receive eftpos deposits containing several progress payments across multiple invoices. This makes matching to invoices incredibly difficult and I have to enter customer payments. This makes having bank feeds redundant to a degree.

There already is a column for matching called "amount to apply" but you cannot edit it. It would be ideal if this feature could be added.

Thanks,

Cathy

"Matching uneven deposit amounts"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2014

Thank you for your post, Cathy. We can certainly see the benefit in being able to specify an amount in the Amount to apply column. This would help in avoiding a Customer Payment transaction when only a part of the invoice is paid. We hope to have this ability included in a future update. We request others who would like this change to please vote and comment.

11 Comments
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @seachange

Thank you for your additional feedback in regards to this idea. We also think that it will save MYOB Essentials users some time and less than ideal workarounds. 

If you do have any further enquires or ideas in regards to an MYOB program or Service don't hesitate to post these on the MYOB Community Forum again.