Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank transactions: Transfer - Auto-populate manually create transfer transaction

8Posts

74Kudos

0Solutions

8 Posts
User

If I transfer money from one account to another and it comes up in a bank feed,

When I press the option to allocate it to a transfer between accounts,

and then manually create an entry, i wish the amount would be pre-entered into the form.

I always have to go back, look at the amount, write it down and then go to manually enter the transfer again.

Massive pain.

"Record a transfer between accounts"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

When selecting Transfer money from a bank transaction and needing to create a new transfer money transaction the Date, Bank account from and amount are automatically populated for you.

16 Comments
mumof5dooleys
2 Posts
Cover User

As a new user to Essentials, found this process way too complex for something that should be "essential".  Very confusing, as i have bank feeds and as above a lot of transfers back and forwards, it would be "essential" to be able to allocate these internal transfer.  As if i do a manual transfer, i can't delete bank feeds therefore creating a journal wouldn't i? more work!  Also, can we please set up recurring transactions with the essentials!!

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @mumof5dooleys 

Thank you for your comments around this new Idea, for the recurring transactions vote here to add to the list of customers that would like this in future releases. 

RickTCP
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have commented on this error at least twice, and keep checking back on occasions to see if anything has happened with it, but no, nothing.

Regards

Rick

RickTCP
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Transfer money also doesent work properly with matching transactions with a linked bank account feed.

It looks like it is tyring to work but then always gives an error message that provides no help on sorting the problem.

You need to unselect the matched transaction, then save that action, then go back in again select the same transaction and it is happy.

This has been happening month after month. I have commented on it a number of times in the forum.

When can someone look at this obvious anoying error?

Angi84
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

It would be great if MYOB Essentials could add a 'Transfer' rule when creating bank rules for automatic matching of transfers between accounts.  Xero has this functionality, why hasn't MYOB?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

When selecting Transfer money from a bank transaction and needing to create a new transfer money transaction the Date, Bank account from and amount are automatically populated for you.