Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: ABA file generation for Supplier payments

2Posts

118Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User

Good Afternoon

I just came accross this with a client and couldn't believe that this feature was available.  

Our client is on MYOB Essentials and wanted to create an ABA file for bills being paid today.  As this has  been implemented for Payroll it seems only natural that this would be done for supplier invoices as well.

This needs to be implemented as soon as possible as it is very difficult to recommend a client to move to MYOB Essentials when there is no ABA file creation for payments to be made.  This client operates using a Mac so they are limited with MYOB online offerings.  

Regards

Bianca Middleton

"ABA file generation for Bills in MYOB Essentials"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will allow users to set up and make supplier payments using a bank file (ABA file).

Check out Help Article: Paying suppliers and employees electronically for more information.

55 Comments
Cassa61
3 Posts
Cover User

I am a new user to Essentials and cannot believe this function is not available!!!! What finance software does not have this!!!!

SteveSmith
4 Posts
User

This feature would enable automation of payments as part of a complete end to end workflow. Without it, we can capture supplier invoice details in one system and have the invoices turn up in MYOB, but the payment still needs to be made separately through the bank's app or portal. Hard to convince users to adopt new systems when details need to be entered twice.

phardy100
1 Post
User

I would love the ability in Essentials to be able to record a Bill Payment and then have that payment file automatically uploaded into my bank for payment approval.

Jayde
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Does MYOB have any intention to add this feature to Essentials? It's such a shortfall and should absolutely be a priority. 

nwang
1 Post
User
Quickbooks Online has been offering this feature of paying supplier bills by generating an ABA file for ages! Their price is $38.50 per month. If MYOB wants to be competitive, this is a MUST.
vicrog2019
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
This is really shocking! I have been working as a bookkeeper for 7 years, and I am running my own business as part-time, I signed up with MYOB one month ago. Today I was trying to pay my suppliers, and found there is no place to enter their banking details, and of course no ABA file can be downloaded. I am wondering if I picked the wrong side!!! I would spend more money with Xero now.
KmSmith
4 Posts
User

Hi, When is MYOB essentials going to have the option to select bills to pay or at least the use of the TAB button when entering amounts to pay to suppliers.  We can easily have close to 100 bills from the one supplier per month and entering in each invoice payment now takes forever.  Please can you add this function? 

Kohia
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Doesn't seem to be a logical reason to use the intra and create a supplier transaction if it doesn't pay the account at the same time.  Easier to just file the accounts in email.  Would be great if payments can be made via myob.

Trist88
4 Posts
Cover User

This is a show stopper for essentials and needs to be sorted immediately.

It would be great feedback to always advise likelihood of update and timeframe, not just that its on someones wishlist!

Trist888
2 Posts
User

This is 'essential' as is supplier remittance.