Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Allocating multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction

1Posts

197Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi there,

I recently experienced an issue where my payroll was entered correctly, but the payroll officer made erroneous take home bank transfers to the staff.  As soon as she realised her mistake, she made a second transaction to those staff members that were underpaid to ensure that they received the correct take home amount. So, everything is correct - it's just that some staff were paid for one pay week in two transactions.

Unfortunately, the MYOB live Accounts does not allow you to allocate multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction.  I thought there must be a way, so I went onto online support to see if they could help.  As it turns out there is no way and the recommendation was to redo 2 payrolls to precisely match the two net amounts remitted.  I believe that this is a very poor solution.  The integrity of the payroll records should be maintained.  The payroll record is absolutely correct.  It records the hours worked, gross, tax, super and take home pay.  It's just that the take home pay was paid in 2 transactions.  I should not have to fabricate 2 payroll runs to match the two bank transfers.  I strongly believe that the accounting software should allow the allocation of multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction.

The software already allows for employees to receive pay "split" into seperate amounts within the Employee Pay setup section - but this is not the same scenario.

Additionally, some staff were overpaid.  In order to adjust for this, the payroll officer paid a lesser amount (by the amount of the overpayment from the previous week) in the following weeks pay to those overpaid staff members.  In this event, we have 2 payroll runs and two payments.  The individual transactions for the two weeks do not match, but they do reconcile precisely to the right payment having been remitted.

I think basically what needs to be able to happen is that any payment should be able to be allocated to any outstanding payroll transactions (or part there of).

Would be interested to hear developer thoughts on this.

"Allocating multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thanks for the great idea Sinbad. I can understand how having the ability to match 2 bank feed transactions to one payroll could be a time saver as it saves you manually deleting the pay and processing a split pay to match the amounts as per our support note here. http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35721/kw/payroll For any users that would love to see this feature, please show your support by adding further votes and comments.

81 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Reb

I am sorry to hear that you have to go back and change payroll transactions and thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback to this idea.

Along with commenting for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

GaryKnep
1 Post
User

This does need to be fixed ASAP.  I sometimes pay my staff an advance mid week if they need more cash.  i then do the payroll run and calultate total less PAYG etc and then pay balance.  Not being able to match the 2 transcations is a total nightmare for me.  I believe Xero does not have this issue.

Please, please fix this ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks you

Matyas_K
MYOB Staff
703 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hello @GaryKnep,

Thank you for contributing your vote to this suggestion, it is greatly appreciated.  

Given how you manage your staff payments it looks like this feature would greatly benefit your business.  As a means to circumvent the current restriction on payroll matching you can set up a payroll clearing account as per this forum post: Paid wage partly cash, partly electronic if you aren't already.

BiancaMiddleton
2 Posts
Cover User

Hello

This would be a very practical addition to payroll in MYOB essentials and definately has my vote.  Given that we are now in November 2015, it would be great to have this actioned sooner rather than later as this was originally raised in July 2013 (almost two and a half years ago).

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BiancaMiddleton

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

PennyMercer
1 Post
Cover User

Currently you cannot allocate multiple bank transactions against a payroll journal without creating a transaction and then creating a journal. 

The scenario is the employee was short paid and the difference was paid subsquently. These 2 transactions balance to the payroll journal, but the banking screen only allows for "extact" matches.

It would be great if the program could allow for that allocation instead of having to create numerous journals to allocate. The transactions are there, if you look at a different payroll allocation.

Example of allocation

Regards

Penny Mercer

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @PennyMercer

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials.

I've merged your idea with this one already included on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange

Daveyw76
13 Posts
User

I really hope this is in the right "idea thread"..

I am thinking of migrating from AR plus to Essentials.  Some of my employees currently have three (3) different bank accounts for distribution of their take-home pay.

As far as I can see, it is only possible to set up two accounts and no more.  

I would like to see this extended to include more accounts.

paysplit.png

loz69
Partner
15 Posts
Partner

Hi - is this an option yet?  Please can it be as it would be very useful, had been trying to work out how to do this for almost an hour before reading it cannot be done !  

Thanks

Lorraine

tf
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User

We're having same problem - an error in wage payments means that we have two bank transactions to match to one payroll entry. Looks like this was flagged for development 3 years ago... has anything happened or do we still have to use one of the workarounds offered in 2013? (which aren't very suitable for reasons already noted by people above) Thanks!